TheHammer

Primer For Resin

I was just curious for those who build baits out of resin, what your preferred choice of base coat primer is?  I have been using KILZ water based primer with OK results and am looking to possibly try something better to shoot through both my HVLP gun and Iwata...water base preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Paul 

I use the gloss polyester but it doesn't really matter if you only use it as a sealer. Just make sure that the temperature is warm above 75 degrees F to allow it to be thin enough to drip nicely. You can spray the Kilz on top if you want to give a nice white finish to paint on top of.

Edited by Jdeee

Let the Solarez cure for as long as you can afford to. After it is exposed to UV it starts to cure and is hard after a couple of minutes but it will continue to cure for a long time after and will become rock hard after a few days. It's not necessary to wait all that time but it doesn't hurt if you can. Personally I prefer using the Sun to cure if possible, I find it does the best cure. Solarez final cure isn't effected by temp, I have cured outside in -20 F on a sunny day.

• Like 1