well been watching and think its not so bad after all...i think if you could insert this into a spook or jitterbug type lure it could really work well....please dont go cheap with this toget it to market.if thats your end result..make your baits a better looking bait and not a cheap china bait ...thats were i think others have gone wrong....a better looking bait to a fisherman will sell more lures then a cheap painted pos.   you have done good and are quite smart in your quest for a better way.........GREAT JOB

• Like 2

Thanks fishon-son,

A jitterbug would be great and like you I think a spook with a motor would also be a fun lure to fish with. In fact, I've been working on a spook like lure with a softbait swim tail attachment.

As for going the China rout, I will not be doing that, although, that is what most large lure companies do. The truth is, there are some very good China manufactures. There are also a lot of companies in China that make junk. I think the biggest problem in dealing with companies in China is the theft of intellectual property. 

Since I started the Buzzin Baits thread, I have decided to change directions and go the way of custom bait design and sales. It won't make me rich but it is something I really enjoy doing. There is a lot of room in the marketplace for people that like to create and sell their products. I am really glad to share what I've learned and look forward to seeing what others might do with this idea.  

My next project is larger lures, not topwater but one that can be used for pike and saltwater fishing. I've just completed testing with different batteries which provide much longer run time. When I complete the first one, I'll be posting pictures and how-to information in this same thread.

Thanks again fishon-son 

• Like 1

I can see it now...accepting the Award for best sound track in a fishing lure....  

The big question will be, Academy Awards, Grammys, or Country Music Awards?

Definitely the CMA. "I'm gonna miss her" comes to mind. This is a fascinating post. Yeah, some of us in NH listen to country music.

Edited by Chuck Young
  • Like 1

Thanks fishon-son,

A jitterbug would be great and like you I think a spook with a motor would also be a fun lure to fish with. In fact, I've been working on a spook like lure with a softbait swim tail attachment.

As for going the China rout, I will not be doing that, although, that is what most large lure companies do. The truth is, there are some very good China manufactures. There are also a lot of companies in China that make junk. I think the biggest problem in dealing with companies in China is the theft of intellectual property. 

Since I started the Buzzin Baits thread, I have decided to change directions and go the way of custom bait design and sales. It won't make me rich but it is something I really enjoy doing. There is a lot of room in the marketplace for people that like to create and sell their products. I am really glad to share what I've learned and look forward to seeing what others might do with this idea.  

My next project is larger lures, not topwater but one that can be used for pike and saltwater fishing. I've just completed testing with different batteries which provide much longer run time. When I complete the first one, I'll be posting pictures and how-to information in this same thread.

Thanks again fishon-son 

I think the vibrating concept will work even better under water. Fishermen detect the vibrations on the surface visually. Fish detect them through their lateral lines. The ripples on the surface represent wasted energy to fish outside of 10 yards. You have indicated that a fish 50 yds away come to investigate. It has to be underwater vibration that is attracting them.

Edited by Chuck Young
  • Like 1