LimpNoodle

She Was Close

My wife kept telling me I had 100 lead molds.  I kept telling her I didn't.

Well I decided to actually inventory them and get a list of what I have.  Turns out I have 94 molds.  

I told the wife that and that she owes me six molds.  That didn't go over very well.  But I do have two more Do-It molds coming this week.

• Like 1

I must be close to 120 including my ingot molds.I know I was over 110 awhile back.

Just got 3 more in the other day.

Some from Do-it about 20 Shawn Collins molds.

Some from Lil Mac,some from Hilts,a couple of old Herters and Palmer molds some others including a few from Europe.

I just always find a mold I just gotta have or something I have been dying to try and so eventually just order the molds.

I do have a few old molds I probably need to Ebay at some point as I will never use them. Bought them on Ebay in a lot and use the ones I wanted but have no use for the others.

collecting molds to use is addicting that's for sure. 

If any of you guys got a mold for an old lure called a "Little Suzy", I would be interested in buying it.

Sorry but that's not one I have in my collection,

Was the mold ever commercially available?

If you need one forum member Bob Lalonde could certainly help you out by making one on his CNC machine.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Lol, some of you guys need to seek help! 100-120 molds lol. 

Do any of you have any Reading molds?  I have about 8 of them, don't use them. You have to use vise grip clamps to hold them together while pouring. A real pain in the butt!

I'm not even sure what the sell for now.

• Like 1

When you sell jigs it does allow you to buy more molds and equipment.

I had given some jigs to a friend who went fishing with an acquaintance of mine and showed him how well they work.

The guy came over and bought $1,000 worth for his boat. That allowed me to buy some more Shawn Collins molds. :D

Besides it could be worse I could be collecting beanie babies or something!

I looked up the little Suzy and you are correct Bob the cut face tail spinner is a pretty close match.

Nice catch. Hope it helps Roadkill out.

I keep it to around 10 molds i use for production/sales. Most of my sales is two plain hook rigs with bucktail teasers on the top hook. Mostly for flounder, and 

atlantic Croaker.

I may pour 3,000 jigs a year. That's it! Between my regular job and the killer hours, that's all the business I want.

Lol, some of you guys need to seek help! 100-120 molds lol. 

Come on now, what's a few molds.LOL. Isn't the person with the most molds win??????

At last count I am somewhere over 150 molds. So yes I may need to seek help.

Just think if aluminum goes to $200/lb in scrap, I can really cash in. Woo Hoo  8O8O8O8O

I know I will never win, as I have known LedHed for quite awhile, and he has a boatload of molds. Imagine if I can cash in with my 150 plus, LedHed will be a millionaire with over 700+

Edited by cadman