TackleTester

New to the site

Hi, my name is Chris and I just registered to the site. I am in awe at the way you guys can make these lures. I do a lot of fly tying and was wondering if anyone could tell me what equipment I need to buy to make hard baits as well as paint and enamel, the approximate cost of these things, and where I could get them. This is something I have always wanted to be able to do. I would also like to know some of the procedures necessary to make these baits. Any help would be appreciated. I enjoy getting on to this website and looking through the photos of your hand-made baits. If I can get started with this, I will be glad to post pictures of all my lures and will have no secret recipes. I will also be glad to help anyone I can. Thanks in advance. I am extremely excited to begin making my own hardbaits.

Catch em up

Chris

TackleTester,

Welcome aboard. There is more than enough information on this site to get the job done. Use the search feature and type in what you are looking for. Painting, weighting, etc. is all on here. Take a look. If you find something confusing, just ask. There is a ton of tallent on this site.

Skeeter

One thing I have learned since starting to paint my own lures is you want to be one this site! The good folks here have helped me a lot through the learning curve, even helped to shorten it in many instances.

Since I just paint lures, I am not much help in the making department. However, one day that bug will bite me also!