JRammit

Other Hobbies

Not to go too far off topic but I'm using a G4 3 axis gimbal that is the smoothness part and that's shot at 1080p/60fps with no filter, with the filter on the glare would have been reduced - been having a lot of fun though and now that winter is approaching I hope to share with you guys some of my latest work i.e. been making larger muskie/salt water baits hope to do some decent video on it, hence the chasing of trains to gain a little more insight on the camera. Oh and just got the offer for my truck came in at $2800 and I get to keep the truck which was important as I put a new remanufactured motor and trans 3-4 years ago!

I dont think its possible to go off topic on this thread.... Just a conversation maker discussing other interests

Ive found making/editing videos to be far more fun than i anticipated!... Looking forward to seeing your work gone2!

That first part you typed with all the numbers looks like Greek to me.... Same with the photograph discussion earlier...... I guess i need to learn what all that means

I just have an app on my phone that lets me trim clips, add music, text, ect... Started out just making short videos of lures in my test tank, then started trying to film my fishing trips... Heres my 2 favorites so far

Im a rookie, but i have fun with it!

Edited by JRammit

I dont think its possible to go off topic on this thread.... Just a conversation maker discussing other interests

Ive found making/editing videos to be far more fun than i anticipated!... Looking forward to seeing your work gone2!

That first part you typed with all the numbers looks like Greek to me.... Same with the photograph discussion earlier...... I guess i need to learn what all that means

I just have an app on my phone that lets me trim clips, add music, text, ect... Started out just making short videos of lures in my test tank, then started trying to film my fishing trips... Heres my 2 favorites so far

Im a rookie, but i have fun with it!

tick.....tick......BOOM!  Isn't that a song?  lol

• Like 1

I used to collect old sports cards.  Still have a nice rookie Mays and decent rookies of Koufax and Mantle.  Even thought about opening a shop at one time, but glad I didn't because that craze is virtually gone now.  Also, sport and muscle cars have always been a passion of mine.  Love old Challengers, Vettes, and Trans Ams.  Currently have a 2000 Mustang GT that's......ummm......not so street legal.  lol

Nowadays, I'd have to say my latest hobby is smoking meats.  Just got into it this last spring when a buddy of mine built me a 50-gallon drum.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em! 

I have a friend that smokes meats ,turkeys ,ducks, chickens ,ribs..and dam carp...that's right carp...im not a fish eater but love to fish . and i'll say the little taste I had wasn't bad...just hope the silver carp out there in the Midwest states catches on for eating..boy we are in trouble if not..

I have a friend that smokes meats ,turkeys ,ducks, chickens ,ribs..and dam carp...that's right carp...im not a fish eater but love to fish . and i'll say the little taste I had wasn't bad...just hope the silver carp out there in the Midwest states catches on for eating..boy we are in trouble if not..

Wow....haven't heard that one before.  There are TONS of carp here in our river.  Almost kinda freaky when I see those dudes swim by the boat.  Talkin' 30 plus pounds.  I've always been told that carp have too many bones to eat?  How does your friend get around that? 

Wow....haven't heard that one before. There are TONS of carp here in our river. Almost kinda freaky when I see those dudes swim by the boat. Talkin' 30 plus pounds. I've always been told that carp have too many bones to eat? How does your friend get around that?

Trout is full of bones (especially small stockers) and they make a fine meal!

Better question... How do you get past the bland rubber taste??...... Just for "try it sake" i cooked up a drum that my kid caught once... It was like eating a pencil eraser!

• Like 1

I have recently (during the last 6 moths or so) gotten into photography and photo editing.

Nothing too fancy with the photos. I use my smartphone for most of them. But the editing and tweaking end of it has really become fun. I actually setup a website for it at http://www.phototweaks.com, to showcase my work and make it available so others can pay a small fee for me to enhance their photos too.

Can't say that I was ever interested in golf. :nuhuh:

Oh, and I recently bought a drone, so I'm learning how not to crash it and how to keep it out of treetops :oooh:

I'm hoping to use the drone to get some cool photos and video once I learn how to fly it better :yay:

Here's a short video of my maiden flight a few weeks ago: https://youtu.be/g37GrdTAUr8

Nothing fancy. But I was happy that I didn't crash!

• Like 1

I have recently (during the last 6 moths or so) gotten into photography and photo editing.

Nothing too fancy with the photos. I use my smartphone for most of them. But the editing and tweaking end of it has really become fun. I actually setup a website for it at www.phototweaks.com, to showcase my work and make it available so others can pay a small fee for me to enhance their photos too.

Can't say that I was ever interested in golf. :nuhuh:

Oh, and I recently bought a drone, so I'm learning how not to crash it and how to keep it out of treetops :oooh:

I'm hoping to use the drone to get some cool photos and video once I learn how to fly it better :yay:

Here's a short video of my maiden flight a few weeks ago:

Nothing fancy. But I was happy that I didn't crash!

Get yourself a set of filters that will get rid of the jello affect  :yay: looking at getting one myself.

Ha!... That's funny!... My son got a drone for Christmas, but he was busy playing new video games, so i took the drone out for its first flight... Those things go high!... So high i couldnt tell if i was making it fly back to me or towards the neighbors tree....

I found out when i brought it down and it landed in the tree

• Like 2

Not sure what you mean by Jello effect. You wanna expound on that one for me??

Sure often with a gimbal on your drone you get that wavy "jello" affect while recording from a drone platform it was really evident at around 17 seconds in your test video. ND filters help correct this, there are other factors that may be in play but this often can reduce or eliminate the issue. High frame rates will also cause this as well.

side by side example:

this is just a reference video to show the effect of "jello" as you can see you may be able to correct in post but it is much better to eliminate before you even get to post and not have an artificial look to your videos.

Edited by gone2long
  • Like 1

Sure often with a gimbal on your drone you get that wavy "jello" affect while recording from a drone platform it was really evident at around 17 seconds in your test video. ND filters help correct this, there are other factors that may be in play but this often can reduce or eliminate the issue. High frame rates will also cause this as well.

side by side example:

https://youtu.be/HYpuScaSc80

this is just a reference video to show the effect of "jello" as you can see you may be able to correct in post but it is much better to eliminate before you even get to post and not have an artificial look to your videos.

Thanks! I'll take a look when I have a few free minutes :)

Wow....haven't heard that one before.  There are TONS of carp here in our river.  Almost kinda freaky when I see those dudes swim by the boat.  Talkin' 30 plus pounds.  I've always been told that carp have too many bones to eat?  How does your friend get around that? 

sorry I didn't get back sooner....he just cleans them and soaks them over night then 1st thing in the morning he puts them on the rack..kind of like salmon cuts big hunks and smokes   also dose suckers  theres a big run in northern Michigan every year. and hes in on that...those are good to..but  the piece I take is less then a spoon size...im not a fish eater at all   and just to keep him happy I guess...he gets hundreds of suckers...

sorry I didn't get back sooner....he just cleans them and soaks them over night then 1st thing in the morning he puts them on the rack..kind of like salmon cuts big hunks and smokes   also dose suckers  theres a big run in northern Michigan every year. and hes in on that...those are good to..but  the piece I take is less then a spoon size...im not a fish eater at all   and just to keep him happy I guess...he gets hundreds of suckers...

Very cool.  I'd like to pick that dude's brain some day.