Stumped

Bob's Tackle Shack

Anyone know the usual time it takes for Bob's to send a mold out? I sent an order on Sunday expecting to possibly ship over these last few days but I never heard anything from them. I sent an email today but no reply. This is my first time ordering from them so I didn't know what to expect.

That's how Basstackle got started. Bob is Kevin's uncle. Great guy, just not big on computers....

They are cousins and about the same age. Both great guys. Just shows they were brought up right. and they were brought up in a machine shop so that tells you a lot about them.

• Like 1

I knew they were related, Frank. Most of my molds came from Bob.I don't think anybody else made alum molds other than Del back then and 1/2 were open pours. I use to buy his prototypes from Javier when he was done with them and have Bob reproduce the ones I liked.

Here is a little more history. Bob and Del were once partners making molds. You see how that turned out. When they split Bob did his own thing and made the money minnow. That was sold to Yum. I believe at the time Kevin was helping him out and started to make some of his own designs thus Basstackle was born. Basstackle and Bobs then joined then Bob and Kevin were working together on both big molds and small ones. Both of there designs were on the site. If you followed the progression at all they were putting out new molds at an alarming rate. Mainly because there was two of them designing. Don't know what happened but they split and we have what is two company's producing great molds. Both of them are born into the machining trade and you can tell they know what customer service is. I could not believe that Bob and Del were partners, that blew me away when Bob told me that.

• Like 1

Here is a little more history. Bob and Del were once partners making molds. You see how that turned out. When they split Bob did his own thing and made the money minnow. That was sold to Yum. I believe at the time Kevin was helping him out and started to make some of his own designs thus Basstackle was born. Basstackle and Bobs then joined then Bob and Kevin were working together on both big molds and small ones. Both of there designs were on the site. If you followed the progression at all they were putting out new molds at an alarming rate. Mainly because there was two of them designing. Don't know what happened but they split and we have what is two company's producing great molds. Both of them are born into the machining trade and you can tell they know what customer service is. I could not believe that Bob and Del were partners, that blew me away when Bob told me that.

Hard to believe they were partners. I know several people still waiting for molds from Del for 5 years now.......Famous words.....They're shipping Tuesday!

• Like 1

According to Del, he was helping Bob (Bob had the machinery and Del had the knowledge LOL) and when he sorted out his own equipment and shop Bob kept all the CAD/CAM files on the computers, which all the good designs were all his. So basically saying Bob stole all his designs LMAO. I'm one of the ones that is waiting on a couple molds from over 6 years ago so I trust everything he said about as far as I can throw him. LMAO. Never had a single bad experience with Bob though. 

Hey Richard, I am still waiting for a twin tail lizard open pour from well over 6 years ago. 

Well when Bob told me about them being partners I might have missed some of the details(cause I was laughing to hard) so forgive me if the story is off a little bit. As for being someone's designs I think we all know who had the designs first and still does. Maybe it is just me but the real good designers have a style about them and it shows in the molds they produce. A lot of people think making molds is easy and for some it is but you can see easy in the mold design.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can tell styles for sure, Frank...Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving...hey, I finally got to meet Romeo after all these years. His twins and my kids caught a couple of 5lb peacocks in the backyard! Love your video and pass them around. Most won't share diddly in the hobby/business. I commend you and Solar for that. You are a natural teacher......I apologize for hijacking this thread but a Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all the TU member new and older than me! 

Edited by Richard Prager
  • Like 3

Anyone having problems contacting Bob lately?????????????

I purchased 2 molds 11/28 finally received them today 12/26 in the mail.  Looks like someone took a scotch brite pad to the venting side plate.  I"m 100 percent confident these will not shoot just looking at it.  All the vents are completely sanded out.

I have never had a problem with him before.  But this purchase is completely ridiculous; box is heading back to Phoenix on Monday.