Stumped

Bob's Tackle Shack

No. I have some of his other molds none of them look that way. In fact, no mold I have ever bought has looked this way on the vent side. the vents are sanded out so bad u can run your finger over areas where the vent, is completely gone.

Very disappointed

I will post an update, on how this is handled positive or negative

Elrat69 - what a ridiculous post.

Four weeks is a very reasonable delivery time for a mold. The machining of molds is done in batches. The machine is programmed and set-up for one mold and a series machined for demand and a few for shelf stock. You were lucky that the turn of your mold came around so soon.

You have the audacity to slam a product without even trying it. Your post should be deleted as unfairly defamatory.

Dave

I have a mold or two like that and have had no problems. I will look and see which ones they are later but I think it's a little ridiculous to slam the guy like that without even trying the mold OR contacting him first. And to bitch about the turn around on a mold purchased during black Friday (i.e. lots of molds purchased at that time) and mailed around the holidays is just being short sighted. Hell it could have just been the mail and not him. I have had nothing but exceptional customer service from BTS. Also, do you have another mold exactly like it? If not you may have to adjust your plastic temps to avoid the denting.

• Like 1

what was the issue with it again? can you provide pics?

I think there are several issues....

1.  In today's age it should be made very clear on the website that items are in stock to be shipped or on back order.   You click and order items and they are shipped within days.  Sellers can avoid any issues with having this clearly stated on their website.   I believe they avoid doing this for several reasons avoids having to update sites and also keeps dollars in their hand as many would just go and buy a similar bait from somewhere else.

2.  Tracking is cheap if you sell use it.  

3. The product was not consistent with the other products prior purchased.  If fit and finish on say first 10 molds you buy from guy x are spot on and then you get a mold that looks like it has been ran across the concrete you are going to have concerns.  Easy enough to avoid this issue...quality control.   Yes it didn't effect the use but that isn't what one expects when they order.  If you ordered a bunch of custom cranks based off the picture on the site and they came in and they looked like they were painted by a 2 year old would you be upset?  If they still caught fish just as well  is it then ok?

I am on the opposite end as I actually have a mold that I received and never even opened the box (4 years ago or so). 

• Like 1

Good points Travis. I suspect that it was quality control that picked up a minor problem with an easy fix. Probably a cutter that dulled before its expected time, leaving a slight cusp on the edge of the vent. The fix is simple and effective, it leaves its mark but in no way affects the function of the mold.

A mold is purely a functional part, it does not have to look pretty, only the cast parts have to look good. The machinist cannot justify scrapping 8 hours machine time because of a minor blemish with an easy fix.

The above is an example of what can happen, I am not saying that this is what happened.

I liked point No3, I am aggravated every time I go to the take-away and see the pictures above the counter :)

Dave

Majic - it is not the same thing, a new car is an aesthetic thing. Also, the car industry has a rigorous inspection system and there are always little problems. The car does not get scrapped, it is repaired, and not always by replacing a part. The car is delivered up to spec (usually), functional and pretty, as promised. If you ever saw the automotive door hanging department, you would die, either of shock or laughing so hard.

The mold goes out the door and delivers pretty baits, as promised.

Dave

any body on here have bobs injector?

been emailin him for over a month an called several times,, no answer. wanted to get new orings for the small injector. my harware store doesnt have the good orings so i need to order but dont no the correct size

any body help?

Sounds like he's taking lessons from Shawn C.  McMaster Carr will have the "O" rings

any body on here have bobs injector?

been emailin him for over a month an called several times,, no answer. wanted to get new orings for the small injector. my harware store doesnt have the good orings so i need to order but dont no the correct size

any body help?

If you have a Parker or similar hydraulics store in your area they will have all sizes of O-rings.  The one I have locally doesn't mind selling me one or two parts.  They even seem apologetic when about the price when their better quality O-rings are priced LOWER than Home Depot or Lowes.  LOL.  

Edited by Bob La Londe

Sounds like he's taking lessons from Shawn C.  McMaster Carr will have the "O" rings

lol..thats funny . Shawn C, is bad also..... when bob 1rst did these injectors..thats where he got rings from.. well   the only time i gotta hold of bob was months ago. he told me what size so i ordered from mc master and they are the wrong size.. since then.. been tryin to get ahold of bob with no response

i honestly love his molds but gettin responses....not so much

there are so many dif. sizes of orings. the thickness is  whats holdin me up. this injector has 2 o rings on nozzle and 1 on plunger .(never had 1 like that )  It draws  an pushes kinda hard so i thought i'd get new rings .

Edited by archery1

lol..thats funny . Shawn C, is bad also..... when bob 1rst did these injectors..thats where he got rings from.. well   the only time i gotta hold of bob was months ago. he told me what size so i ordered from mc master and they are the wrong size.. since then.. been tryin to get ahold of bob with no response

i honestly love his molds but gettin responses....not so much

there are so many dif. sizes of orings. the thickness is  whats holdin me up. this injector has 2 o rings on nozzle and 1 on plunger .(never had 1 like that )  It draws  an pushes kinda hard so i thought i'd get new rings .

Send them back to McMaster/Carr  for a credit and talk w/ a rep. They are very helpful.My injectors from Ultra molds use quad "O" rings

There are only two numbers that matter to define your O0ring; the shaft diameter and the O-ring cross section diameter. If you can measure these accurately with a vernier if possible, then you will be good to go. I suggest measure in metric as well as inches, this doubles your options.

Dave

run to the hardware store (ACE, Home depot, Menards, Lowes, etc) head to the plumbing section. buy a few plumbing O-rings.  (should be like 50 cents a pack) that look to be the right size.

Fit on the injector, until you find the right size,  

once you find the right match.  

head to the web.  McMaster/Carr.  High temp rings.  

done

• Like 1