Ultimate Predators

Painting Soft Plastic With Createx Paint Same As Used For Hard Baits

On 12/12/2015 at 5:25 AM, DaveMc1 said:

The difference is, the ONLY products that will actually adhere to the plastic are the SB Coat/VPI (same thing, one is airbrush ready) and the colure water based (Needs a clear dip or cleared with SB Coat/VPI, the solvent paints do not require coating) It does not matter what you do to it, the createx will NOT adhere to the plastic.

If it sticks to the bait long enough to dip it in clear then run with it. 

I'm not so sure, createx paint would probably bond and adhere if mixed with proper solvant.

Thanks for sharing.....  I just do hobby stuff - so not having to go buy a bunch of "soft bait" paints on top of my drawer of Cretex is great...

I will say - I'll agree with ALL that chimed in... I'm sure the Cretex doesn't bond as well - or technically at all - compared to solvent based paints.... but in looking at the pics - seems like if you keep the coats THIN/LIGHT it will work.  Just like overspray that gets on all sorts of things - if it's light - there's just enough adhesion to stick.... yeah it's probably not bonded like the solvent stuff... but maybe that's all that's needed in some instances.

J.

37 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

Don't you need some kind of a solvent to bond the paint to the plastisol?

The paint itself is a type of vinyl paint designed to work with PVC plastisol. If that were the case then explain how the water based soft plastic paint works? There are no harsh solvents in it. 

1 hour ago, DaveMc1 said:

The paint itself is a type of vinyl paint designed to work with PVC plastisol. If that were the case then explain how the water based soft plastic paint works? There are no harsh solvents in it. 

I'm not doubting that you are right.  I'm just showing how little I know about painting soft plastic.