TerryF2858

Powder Paint Curing

i have a hamilton beach oven i got at a sale, it has bake, convection, broil and 1 more, plus temp and timer, what do you all set yours on? just bake or convection, i am doing lead head jigs for now but want to do my bass jigs with weed guards later. i have the temp at 250, and timer for 30min on bake right now.

thank you for the help and suggestions.

T

I do have a question though.  On a recent TV show like Facotry Made or How Its made or something like that, they showed a powder coat setup with powder coated baits basically on a conveyor and they use a two step powder coat curing process.  They went through one oven then air cooled slightly and then went through a second oven.  Anybody have any feedback on that?  Maybe a way to faster cure at a higher temperature without burning?  

I do have a question though.  On a recent TV show like Facotry Made or How Its made or something like that, they showed a powder coat setup with powder coated baits basically on a conveyor and they use a two step powder coat curing process.  They went through one oven then air cooled slightly and then went through a second oven.  Anybody have any feedback on that?  Maybe a way to faster cure at a higher temperature without burning?  

it is infrared lamps. they will cure faster. that is all i have been told. I assume it works.

If the elements are already covered, that should be enough.  It is the concentrated heat from the exposed element that makes them hot spots.  A metal pan covering them should spread the heat out more evenly.

Try it first, before you start putting foil over it.

You never know what it might do.

My wife ruined the self cleaning feature of the bottom of my double oven by putting a piece of aluminum foil over it.  The ceramic panel in the bottom overheated and shattered.  The oven still worked after that, but it was no longer self cleaning.

The weed guards that have both ends fused were just fine, the new ones i got that are not fused on both ends flaired out when they were baked so i had to stop and wrap tape around them to stop them from flairing out, but that worked fine and they came out just great. Now i know to tape them as i hang them in the oven or get fuse the ends of the weed guards before i bake them.