Paden22

Hard Bait Lure Packaging

Hey guys, I am going to start selling 6.5" and 8.5" swimbaits and am looking at what the best, most cost effective option is for packaging.  I also want some sort of lure display card or something that shows the brand and name of the bait etc.  What is the best way to go about this and are there certain websites that are the best?

Thanks

I just ordered a bunch of plastic hanging boxes from clearbags.com. They are very similar to what some of the "big guys" use and they're cheap. Not sure if they offer them large enough for you application though. Another option if your only building a few styles but a bunch of them would be blister packaging or slide blisters. There's allot of companies online doing it but the minimum order is usually very high. Unfortunately I'm not there yet.

I can't stand paying 50 cents knowing someone is just gonna trash the package.therest has to be somewhere cheaper

You are looking at your pricing structure wrong.....   You aren't paying anything they are paying for the packaging and at a rate higher than actual cost of purchasing.  No one is going to flinch at the cost it adds to a true custom made lure and if they do frankly you are better off without that type of customer.    

Edited by Travis

These are the boxes from clearbags. They were only $0.20 each. I didn't think it was bad at all. Very nice quality.

pack%20card%203_zpsusj5bknh.jpg

pack%20card%202_zps9bremypy.jpg

Print the packing cards yourself, preferably at work so you don't have to pay for ink  :yay: Also, look into a company called "Avery" for stickers and labels. Very affordable and you can do it all yourself without having to pay a print shop big dough.

pack%20card%201_zpstsschogo.jpg

• Like 2