brushape

Createx White Problem

Hello,

For some reason my Createx white doesn't adhere very well. I scuff up the surface w 320 grit sandpaper. Each coat of white is almost transparent and then is heat set with hot air gun. It seems like it always has a chalky feel. When I use Aztek paint it seem to work fine. I wouldn't even worry but I got a 4 oz bottle of the white paint from createx and a 4 oz bottle of illustration base to thin it, Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Tom

I have got to ask, but has the paint been frozen? Shipping this time of the year can have this to happen, depending where you live. Next has it been contaminated even in the airbrush? The next thought is, it could be a bad batch.

I'm assuming that we are talking about a opaque. Or are we talking about, sealer, pearl etc. Take a bb shot, bearing, split shot etc. and put in your paint and shake the heck out of it, to mix it good. That could be the problem to.

For right now that's all I got, hope this helps.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW

White has more pigment than the other colors. If you are having trouble with Createx white try pulling you needle out a tad. I don't thin any airbrush paint but will use a gun with a .05 tip if it doesn't shoot well in my gun with an .030 tip. I can use the smaller tip tio do bellies but not base coat a dozen baits. If you thin an opaque then you are now shooting a transparent. Defeats the purpose and requires more layers. Just what work for me....what size tip are you using??? I also pull my needle and run a brush (water only)through the nozzles and backwash between each color...Takes 30 seconds at best and only have to REALLY clean my gun once every 6 months.

• Like 2