Big Ray

Blam Mold?

Call Rick at Anglers Marine.  He buys them in bulk from someone.  Ask him where he gets his.

I think he'll recognize the bait if you tell him you're looking for Mike Carpenter's Little Fishie.  That's who used to sell them.

Little Fishie.......THAT'S it!  Easy name to remember, yet I somehow managed to forget it.  lol  Great little bait, no doubt. 

Ha!! growing up in san diego we used these a lot, sand bass loved them for some reason. A friends dad used to sell these, we used to paddle longboards out to the kelpbeds and pothole these baits for calicos, anywhere in the bays or beach and sandies and halibut would chase them down, funny now charkbait has them? my guess is that these arent the same as the original...the OG bait was soft, like bass worm soft..and i think there was another fin... they were originally called "WHAMS" not blams...wham fishy or something like that... I'm pretty sure I still have a few bags of the original whams somewhere in one of my old jig boxes..

memories..

• Like 1

Ha!! growing up in san diego we used these a lot, sand bass loved them for some reason. A friends dad used to sell these, we used to paddle longboards out to the kelpbeds and pothole these baits for calicos, anywhere in the bays or beach and sandies and halibut would chase them down, funny now charkbait has them? my guess is that these arent the same as the original...the OG bait was soft, like bass worm soft..and i think there was another fin... they were originally called "WHAMS" not blams...wham fishy or something like that... I'm pretty sure I still have a few bags of the original whams somewhere in one of my old jig boxes..

memories..

I have some, too, buried somewhere in my garage.  I used to by them once a year at the Bass-A-Thon by the hundreds, because they sold them in bulk.

Your right robn510 they were called Whams. I knew that but I just called them Blams because that is what whoever is selling them now named them. Honestly I never used them before but one of my friends told me stories about how he would take them to the L.A. Harbor and catch ever kind of fish there. He said he caught SandBass, Spotted Bay Bass, Calico Bass, Halibut, Barracuda, Mackerel, Bonito. Pretty much anything in there that ate a anchovy. That is why I want to start making them.

Edited by Big Ray

Hey guys, I have some good news for those of you looking for the Original Wham Fisheze my family and I own all of the original molds from 2-5 inches and machines that produced these baits from the very beginning! Along with the Whams we also have the Original Fluttercraft worm in all sizes. I imagine this post gets a lot of attention considering that this information has yet to hit the web. We are currently in the middle of upgrading our machines and are not yet producing baits but should be in the near future! Feel free to pm us with any questions you may have or to see what we have on hand as far as inventory.

Tight lines!

Frank & Family

• Like 4

That looks a lot like what is called a swimming minnow here in MO.  We used to whack sandies and eyes on them in Bull Shoals.  I'd like to have some 5" for my A rigs but can't see the price of a mold and shipping for a couple of dozen baits.

Edited by Jig Man

Hey guys finally got one our injection machines up and running. Here's a few pics of the wham fisheze we shots yesterday.

Have a few more issues to work out to speed up the process to get into full production but very happy with yesterday's run. Really enjoy the the TU site hope to contribute to it more often.

Thanks Frank and Family 

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

• Like 1