RSullivan

Do-It Gary Yamamoto Senko Mold. Am I The Only One Bothered By This?

I need help with dents in my senkos. I have the do-it molds senko mold and do-its plastisol. And every time I inject my mold, I have dents in my senkos. I've tried more pressure and injecting it at a cool temp. If anyone can help me please its very frustrating

It's a flaw in the mold design. The gates need to be opened up just a hair

• Like 2

I had to open up the gates on one of their molds. It's no big deal really, just frustrating for a new guy trying to figure out what he's doing wrong. And to eventually find out the gates are too small and he wasn't doing anything wrong.

If you have a Dremel, you can buy a small tapered stone that will fit right in the gate and open them up some. I did both sides a little and no more problems. Some guys use a little round rat tail file.

• Like 1

True story, 

We spent 3 days at Yamamoto ranch and while I was chatting with Gary about fishing, I asked him why he licensed the Senko to Do-It molds.  This was back in 2016.  He didn't know Do-It was selling molds with his name on them.  He told me he was gonna put a stop to that.  The Do-IT molds originally had the GYB on them...at least in their advertising.  That has since changed.

Thanks!

T

On 10/6/2016 at 5:56 PM, Angler in the making said:

I need help with dents in my senkos. I have the do-it molds senko mold and do-its plastisol. And every time I inject my mold, I have dents in my senkos. I've tried more pressure and injecting it at a cool temp. If anyone can help me please its very frustrating

Open the gates a bit, or have someone do it for you.

The only other option is to sell/trade them and buy quality molds from some place like Baitjunkys. That was the option I took.

On October 6, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Apdriver said:

I had to open up the gates on one of their molds. It's no big deal really, just frustrating for a new guy trying to figure out what he's doing wrong. And to eventually find out the gates are too small and he wasn't doing anything wrong.

If you have a Dremel, you can buy a small tapered stone that will fit right in the gate and open them up some. I did both sides a little and no more problems. Some guys use a little round rat tail file.

Do you have to open the just the main gate or the gate on each cavity? Thanks