Sly41985

3D Eyes

There is no one place that has it all, at least not for me.  Some places only have soft 3D eyes and some have hard.  Some have great colors but not all the sizes.  There are hundreds of places and people selling eyes so you will have to keep searching till you find a handful to deal with.  If there is something specific you are looking for post it and you will get a few answers.

Some hard eyes can tend to have more of a dome, but not all.  There is usually a little price difference.  For me there is no advantage from one to the other.  My baits have a very thick built up top coat so other than the colors you can't tell the difference between the two on my baits.

• Like 2

I deal with a site on the net that sells only tackle products. I have had no problems with the ones I get. Since I reset the socket now, I just needed to get the forstner bits to allow the eye size to drop in to position. I like this effect on some baits.

I am also getting into painting my own eyes with different type of effects. I use 2T to build up the eye height. Glitters, foil, paint colors and different pupils can be experimented with, just to mention a few. For the foil look, you can use leather punches to have the right size and a clean appearance. I'm really having fun with this technique, I'm learning something new each time I give it a go.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
  • Like 2