Caddismadness

Multi Color

Hey I'm the new guy on here just got into making my on soft plastics a few weeks ago and i have been trying to find a good source of information on how to make multi color baits solid body different color legs or tails etc. but haven't had the best luck with finding a solid step by step any help with this would be greatly appreciated also any advise on starter kits and what to spend money on and what to avoid for now as a beginner   

If you're going to make different color body parts, (claws, tails, etc.) you'll need to use a mold for that particular part or shoot the mold in the part color of choice. Then remove, cut off whatever piece you want to use and reinsert it in the mold. It is best to do this shortly after making the piece. Soft plastic will exude oil over time keeping it from making a good bond with the main color. If you cant do it right away, cut the plastic back 1/8" or so before shooting to help it bond. Also, it works best to have your plastic at a pretty high temp (330 to 350) when injecting the main color. The hotter plastic will bond better with the tail. I hope that makes sense!!!

I'm with Alsworms. Depends on the mold. If it's a worm or senko, maybe a grub, something where the bait isn't oriented on its side in the mold, you can hand pour the body one color, close the mold and inject your second color. This makes a nice laminated bait and you only need a single injector. If you use your imagination, you can get more than two colors this way. I have seen both halves hand poured, mold closed, then inject the middle. That's injecting 401!