Greg

Do-It Line Grip Swivels

How do the line grip swivels for use in Do-It drop shot molds perform?  My interpretation of the photo is that the part of the swivel that receives the line might be "crimped" too close together.  Does one need to use a feeler gauge or other thin object to open up this portion of the swivel?  Also, how well does the swivel work in the regular bass casting sinker mold?  I think the latter shows the weight once molded.

I'm new to tackle building; so, I may have several questions going forward.

Thanks.

That pinch spot on the top of the swivel is just that, to pinch your line. It's made like that so when you get hung up on the bottom your can just pull hard and the pinch cuts the line or your line pulls through there saving your hook and bait. Don't open it up , it's made that way on purpose. Sometimes you'll find one or two swivels that are too tight or too loose and you can tweak them a little. I buy them 1000 at a time of Fleabay for like 45$. Great way to save a bunch of $ if you dropshot alot. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other ?'s The real problem is burning the tips of your fingers on the hot molds when refilling the swivels for the next pour!

I've poured drop shot weights with the bass casting sinker for years. I love it because it has the amount of weight marked on the mold.

The swivels don't fit in perfect, but it works well enough for me. Just from habit, I crimp every one of my weights before I put it on my line. I've casted off plenty of these things, now it's just second nature. It helps a lot keeping on especially when you get in a lot of rocks.

The crimp swivels I bought from Do-It are actually too loose to hold on the end of the line. I don't like to put a knot at the end of the line like some suggest, and the weights won't even hold their own weight just hanging. Before pouring I give each clip a squeeze with pliers to snug them up a bit.

I buy mine from Fish Junkie on Ebay.  Never had any of the problems you guys are talking about. He is a little more $ than some of the other sellers, maybe he has a better supplier? I figure most of these are coming from the same supplier. Flippinskirts i think most of us are using the Do-it DS molds. I have the cylinder type DS weights, before you use them give them a little bend to shape it like a banana and they don't get hung up as easy!