fish4lifeNJ

Fishing Skirts.com

I'm glad to hear that some of you have had good experiences over the phone / emails with Fishing Skirts .com. I have done business with them for years and like their product and prices. For me, as long as everything gets taken care of through the online order process, all is well. However the few times I have had to call (and email for that matter), I have been treated extremely rudely. So much so the last time, I almost took time to search out separate contact info of the owner, who has been very nice in the past, and let him know how I was treated. I have been in customer service related jobs for the last 29 years. If I ever spoke to a customer like I was spoken to (attitude) I would have been fired. I had already dropped this and had moved on, but seeing this has happened to others as well, I felt I just needed to put in my 2¢ as well. I will continue to do business with them because the owner is a nice guy, I will just avoid calling at all costs.

I have been doing this for 5 years now. I usually order from 3 places.

Fishing Skirts gets most of my business. Never had an issue at all. Erin calls me if there is a problem with my order or something is out of stock and she has gotten permission by my wife to substitute something that would not be noticed in the full skirt and what not. Not once have I had a problem from them.

LurePartsOnline - Been ordering from them since I bought my first melting pot in November of 2010 (that is when I started to collect the tools and such I needed). I use their skirting as a backup if FS is out of it. If I had to buy hooks and no skirting, went LPO all the way. If I had to buy skirting, and just had to buy hooks from LPO I would just buy from FS to save shipping. I just purchased 500 5/0 Premium Eagle Claw since I have seen they are a lot better then the Mustads now so if these pan out like they are being said, I will be doing more business with LPO on hooks. I use them for my rubber materials, some hair I can't get at my local cabelas and when I buy molds I buy through them. Spinnerbait heads, some other heads that I love that they don't have molds for. Great customer service. The only problem I had was I ordered some trokar hooks and they sent the wrong ones. They then sent the right ones and they got lost in the mail so they sent another package. The lady then told me to keep every hook they sent me and if the lost ones show up to keep them. They were very helpful and polite.

Barlows - First time I ordered, I was not happy because it took almost 3 weeks to get my order. No call no nothing. Well time came where I needed some teflon pins .... So while I was there ordering I figured they give a dang good price on those Trokar jig hooks that I ordered me a few packs to make the 8 dollar shipping worth it ... 3 days later it was there. I use them for my Trokar hooks and teflon pins and some other odds and ends and always get my order within a few days.

Hmm, Erin called me a while back and I was impressed that an actual person called me to ask something about my order instead of just sending the wrong thing. I love fishing skirts.com. I buy skirts, unpainted jigs, powder paint and many other things from them.

I woke up from a nightmare the other night, in it they went out of business and I had no idea what to do. It was horrible. I had to get on the ole computer and make sure they were still on the web. Then I went down to my tackle lair and played with some jigs for awhile. Finally I got back to sleep. I think the sound of my lure turner did the trick.

Edited by FrogAddict
  • Like 1