cadman

Reduced Pull Pin

This is what we are all talking about. Majority of all Do-It molds that take a weedguard, normally have steel pull pins  that are used, or you can use  the teflon ones you can buy separately. These are all 1/8" in diameter to fit the weedguard hole in the molds. Now many guys do not want to use a full weedguard, they might want to use 15 strands in their final jig. So if you decide to use less strands, it would be nice to have a smaller hole already in the jig head, so when you go to put the smaller weedguard in, it won't flop all around in the big weedguard hole that we normally have. Also the smaller hole would center the smaller weedguard in  the jig head. So this is where an 1/8" pin, with a turned down end will make life much easier for those guys that want to do this. See attached picture.

Thanks cadman, now I get it. If you can't find anyone to do it for less than $2 a pin let me know and I can do it for less.

I originally went to Speedy metals and purchased stainless rod that was 5/64" diameter and I would put it in a skirt collar like I did for wire weed guards and then pour. The problem was that when you closed the mold, sometime the pin would end up on a slight angle, for a wire weed guard all you needed to do was bend the wire a bit but for a fiber guard it didn't work. So I got a friend who works in a machine shop to turn 4 of my pins down from 1/8" to 5/64" on the end of the pin, about 1/8" of the pin. Then what I did was I cut the bell end of the pin off and trim down the pin to fit the mold I wanted it to fist and it works perfectly.

Any further word on these? I could us some before resorting to plan B which requires cutting up some drill bits.

Allen

For those that asked me about these, I want to let you know I have more info on these. PM me and I can give you the details.