KennyP

Newbie From Nc

Hello Tackle Underground!  My name is Kenny and I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.  I have been lurking for a few months, wanted to see what you guys are all about.  You all seem to have a real helpful community going on here.

I am long time bass fisherman that likes tinkering and making things with my hands.  I decided to give lure making a try after finding a book my Dad had on the subject. I finally got the guts to give it a try so I have been visiting various sites reading everything I can.  At the same time I have been looking for a place I can ask questions and learn, always willing to learn.  I am leaning towards topwater, cranks and especially swimbates. Hopefully sometime here in the near future I will have something to contribute here on the forum. 

Thanks everyone

Kenny P

Welcome man!

Topwaters are a good place to start imo, good practice of the overall build process without the tedious adjustments required on other baits

Crankbaits are the fun part!... You're not making a lure, you're building a functional machine!

Swimbaits scare me... So many pieces and parts to screw up!... Maybe some day i will face this fear

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes everybody.

Welcome to TU Kenny - ask away.

Dave

Thank you for the offer, I have lots of questions.  I am going to hold off for a bit longer though, I am still looking around seeing what there is to find here.  There is a lot of good information to sort through, and from what I have read already I have quite a bit to learn. 

Welcome man!

Topwaters are a good place to start imo, good practice of the overall build process without the tedious adjustments required on other baits

Crankbaits are the fun part!... You're not making a lure, you're building a functional machine!

Swimbaits scare me... So many pieces and parts to screw up!... Maybe some day i will face this fear

I have started shaping a few things, nothing over the top, I just want to see how difficult a few types of wood are to work with.  I am hoping to start actually making a few "functional" top water projects here in the near future, we'll see how that goes.  As far as swim baits go, yeah I 'm probably shooting for the moon but they are eye catching, it is the realism that does it for me.  Catching a fish on one would be pretty assume!  :yay: