dchance

How Hard Is It To Make A Custom Silicone Jig Mold

Best video ive seen on the subject.... Ive made several small soft bait molds this way, except i use a small piece of PVC pipe jammed into the clay instead of the big cup (less mold material)

I plan to do some jigs this way soon, i dont forsee any issues other than figuring out a way to add any inserts (if needed)

Derek I have some 00M00 30 casting silicone (made by Smooth-On) for making a new Arig mold.  I haven't used it yet but my grand son used it to cast an adapter so his tazer would attach to his glock.  It worked great.  Checking the specs it is only good to 500°F.  However, they make lots of stuff and may have something that will work for you.

They have a toll free number and advertise that you can call anytime with questions.  1-800-762-0744

If you want to make some cheap practice molds before you plunge into costly material, shoot me a pm.

Archery1 that looks like a great source. Now if I had any clue what products would be needed. Lol.

They have videos on their site also. shows step by step makin a mold. only thing i seen was they made hard baits to make the mold from. Not sure if tryin to make a mold out of a soft plastic bait would work?

especially if the bait had ribs or alot going on with it.

good luck and keep us posted on how it goes