nick08

Airbrush

Well i already have iwata high line with the mac valve on it but i need a second gun but cant seem to make up my mind on a bager Patriot or renegade the Patriot is supposed to be every day fishing the lure stuff where the renegade is supposed to be super ultra fine which would be best

It really boils down to what your going to do with the airbrush. If your going to be doing a lot of super fine detail work then you might want to go with the Renegade. The type of paint your going to be using will also play a role in your selection. The smaller the nozzle is the more you'll need to reduce your paint. And I wouldn't plan on spraying craft paints through an airbrush with something like a .2mm nozzle. The pigments in craft paints usually aren't ground small enough to spray through a fine nozzle. You can pretty much forget about spraying pearl paints through a small nozzle as well.

I would be willing to bet that out of all the folks using airbrushes on this site that a .3 or .35 nozzle is the most popular. The hard truth is that the best airbrush in the hands of an average painter will always lose out to an average airbrush in the hands of a skilled painter.

I know this probably doesn't really answer your question, but hopefully it will give you something to think about.

Ben

• Like 1