JRammit

Super Sunday

Not even sure if I'll watch the game. I'm feeling kind of productive. Set up my band saw and drill press. Still have some motivation for some reason. Maybe I'll cut out some crankbaits...at least until the snow starts.

I got all that done yesterday... New shop is near completion!

• Like 1

I worked out in my workshop this afternoon finishing up a few projects.   I finished up my shop last week, well it can easily be worked in again but have a few improvements I want to do but those can wait a little while as time to get some lures made any my wife has asked for some bowls, bird feeders, etc.. to sell at her new hobby craft shows.   

We are getting ready to sit down and watch the game.  We end up buying a ton of junk food and the kids get all excited.  

I never have been a Peyton fan but changed my tune for a little while, as I thought Indy handled the situation poorly.  I was really rooting for him to win the first year at Denver.  After last  year and this year I hope they don't win.  It is horrible for a guy to hang on that long as he is a shell of his former self.  I honestly think if he was named John Doe, a 3rd year quarterback with the physical skills he now has he would be  holding a clipboard today.  I guess it will be a good exclamation mark on his remarkable career.....not winning the big one.    

Edited by Travis

You aint kiddin!... #1 Defense is just a statistic... That performance was beyond impressive!!!.... Reminiscent of the 85 Bears

Im glad Miller got MVP, he earned it!.... Cam will be back soon, maybe without the jitters next time.... But for now, he can go home and put some ice on it

I was never a Gaga fan, but I am now. That was one of the best ever anthem performances I have seen. I have watched the video a dozen times and still, the perfect timing of the fly-past starts me laughing - good job Lady Gaga.

Dave

I was shocked!... Thought it was a joke at first... But i agree, she nailed it!

Watching them beat New England (regular season) with Osweiler made it evident they will still be contenders without Manning at Qb.... It would be fun to see Payton come back as a coordinator!

Denver with any of the "starting" quarterbacks in the league is still a contender as it didn't get much worse.   Peyton was really bad this year as in like only 4 or 5 others were lower in QBR (Foles, Bradford, Gabbert.....what a list).   Denver will be fine as any team with a legit defense is until the NFL puts a stop to it to allow more scoring.

Edited by Travis

Changing the game to enable more scoring would be a crying shame. The fact that you mention it, tells me that the idea is 'on the table'. Even an outsider like me, knows that American football is ALL about defense strategy and to appreciate the game, this is what you must be following, not the fancy long throws and the silly dances.

Like soccer, the game is about a long struggle were a single skilled breakthrough wins the game. This is NOT basketball were you score every 30 seconds.

I guess if ticket sales got dangerously low, then something dramatic would have to be done. Years ago, in soccer, they changed the points for a win from 2 to 3. This made a win more desirable than a draw, but draws are rarely an issue with football. Possibly a reward for the points spread might provide the incentive for more scoring, rather than defending a narrow lead. Just my thoughts.

Dave

I don't think the idea is on the table well not until that sort of game becomes more of the norm.  The need to push offense probably started late 70's and really got the biggest boost in 2004 due to in a round about way with Peyton.    A lot of changes were pushed through to open up the the game and allow for what some describe as a pass happy league.  Bottom line they needed wide receivers to be free and QBs (the big draw in the NFL) to be able to make the throws.   Result records and a lot of them in regards to touchdowns, yards, etc...

They will be meeting next month to make the yearly changes to "better" the game.  A few new rules "Inset Player Name Rule" will be created.  Whether we like it or not the brain injuries sustained will be a driving force to further "soften" the game down the road.  With much of the emphasis to protect they defenseless offensive guy.  It will be interesting to see what the game looks like in 25 years, 50, etc....  Already getting the ambulance chaser legal commercials "Are you an ex NFL player that has suffered....the NFL concussion...." .     :lolhuh:

• Like 1

Speaking of defense, I read several of my friends posts today on Facebook about how boring the game was.  Boring??!!  Not a chance......if you know the game of football. Defensive brilliance!  However, I get the other side as well.  I don't like soccer or hockey because I'm not a fan of watching a sport that takes 3 hours to play and sometimes you get a goal or two.  I need more scoring!!  Scoring sells tickets, for sure, but any change made to the game in order to better that would be stupid IMO. 

Back to Peyton..........I see him as head coach of my Niners in about 3 or 4 years.  We all have our dreams.  LOL

• Like 2

Al nailed it... I read the same thing... Boring?? Give me a break!!!

Thing about football, there are several moments of excitement beyond scoring plays... Half a dozen turn overs, almost a dozen sacks and 2 long kick returns.... I was on the edge of my seat for 60 minutes!

Only one thing bothered me... What happened to the final second???... 11 seconds left, 10 second run off from the penalty and all the cameras were on the Broncos sideline.... Did Cam neal on it? Or just walk off the field in a tantrum?

Edited by JRammit

I spent the entire day in the shop trying to make a set of pulleys trying to make a multiple rod drying station.  It was an near total failure.  I made all the pulleys backward in size.  When I redid them I found that my drive motor would only push two of my rod turners.  

Yesterday I remembered I had a heavy duty 24V gear motor in a batch of salvage motors I bought a while back.  I get to start over from scratch.  LOL.  Its got plenty of torque, but instead of needing gear up I'll need to gear down.  Instead of turning at 1.8 RPM it turns at 60.  

Edited by Bob La Londe