LimpNoodle

If Ya Need A Lead Melting Furnace...

I had an older version. Only used it 1 time, and gave it to a friend that needed one. The do it mold did fit under the one I had. The "rack" that held the mold was adjustable up/down. From what I read on lymans web site, this one is a 2 position rack, but doesn't mention Do it molds.

I'm old fashion I guess, but I look at the digital control and wonder if that is just something else that can go wrong. Seems to be what always happens to me lol, if it can...it does.

BLT - the lead is never ONE temperature, so the numbers on a digital display can only ever be a guide, but an accurate one. You should go with the flow and embrace the technology. BUT, the first couple of goes will be about learning what the numbers represent.

Dave

No, it's not about reading the temps at all, it's about something else breaking/not working.  :eek:   I have had very bad luck with electronics going bad, then the companies wanting to charge 50% or more of the cost of a new one to fix it. Maybe it's not about new tech, but Corporate/stockholders greed to build stuff cheaper for a higher ROI. and to make you buy a new one sooner that makes me worry. :?

I know pure lead melts around 630, and my pot is set for 750 on the dial and it pours the smaller stuff great with good lead.

I would email Lyman and ask if they do fit the do it molds before I would buy this one.

• Like 1

First, thanks for letting us know about the new pot. Lyman has a good name, I can't imagine they would not produce a quality product.

Second, the advertising says it takes Lee Molds, and if it doesn't, the mold holder is removable.

Sounds like a good possible alternative to the other ones. I would love to see an evaluation from someone on here that actually used it.

When they say it takes Lee molds are they talking Lee jig molds or Lee bullet molds? I'm thinking Lee bullet molds.

Since Lee only makes bullet molds I'm guessing that's what it was designed for.

At least I have never heard of or seen a Lee jig mold!

Though I can't see how this wouldn't work for most jig molds such as the Do-It brands of molds most people use.