RTM

Bobs Tackle Shack

Thanks for the replies, really want to get all my pouring done before spring. There seems to be a lack of open pour swimbait molds out there. Especially in 4.5" which is perfect for our bigger river smallies. So I ordered the 4 and 5. Really liked the bts designs. If anyone wants to part with any let me know otherwise I will hang tight for now.

Shot my new mold today. Shot great except when using the laminate plate I ordered for it the claws wouldn't fill in. I tried super hearing the plastic to thin it out as well as lubricating the plate itself but neither worked. I didn't have much time to tinker with it so I'll have to revisit that again to see if I can fix the problem or not.

If I had a mold ordered since November, I would have broke the contact us button. Seriously?

The guy has killer stuff. I just fb messaged him to see if he would respond and fulfill my order if I placed another. The other major cnc mold provider has iffy customer service when it comes to answering questions too. Just look at their FB pages, not good. When someone comes across a pro website and orders product they expect a level of professionalism. I've come to realize this is an extreme niche market and if it is part time then it should say so on their site. I really enjoy the open pours and bobs got the best going. I have encouraged another company to get into the market because they are right on it when it comes to emails and fast shipping.

Shot my new mold today. Shot great except when using the laminate plate I ordered for it the claws wouldn't fill in. I tried super hearing the plastic to thin it out as well as lubricating the plate itself but neither worked. I didn't have much time to tinker with it so I'll have to revisit that again to see if I can fix the problem or not.

Molds with thin appendages like that are just not made to be used with a laminate plate even though companies sell the crap out of them. You would have much better success with a twin injector and a blending block. Way faster and you don't end up wasting a ton of re making baits that aren't fully formed.

If I had a mold ordered since November, I would have broke the contact us button. Seriously?

The guy has killer stuff. I just fb messaged him to see if he would respond and fulfill my order if I placed another. The other major cnc mold provider has iffy customer service when it comes to answering questions too. Just look at their FB pages, not good. When someone comes across a pro website and orders product they expect a level of professionalism. I've come to realize this is an extreme niche market and if it is part time then it should say so on their site. I really enjoy the open pours and bobs got the best going. I have encouraged another company to get into the market because they are right on it when it comes to emails and fast shipping.

You can encourage as many of these company's as you like but if they are truly a machine shop they are used to making much more money on each product. There is a real talent for making molds and just jumping in it and making a few molds will not pay for the time it takes. A lot of people complain about poor customer service and want molds fast but in reality if he is on the phone or on Facebook he's not making molds. Bobs not the only one with these types of challenges just the newest one.
  • Like 2

I have been tryin to contact bob about buyin samples of his bent worm (injection) Frank has helped me out with samples of bobs open pour bent worm ( both sizes)

is there any body out there that has bobs injection bent worm in  either the 4.9"  or 5.9" sizes?

If so plz  pm me

I would like to buy some

thanks