pete1955

Lureworks (Spike-It) Plastisol A Good Price ?

I am fairly new at pouring plastic and I am in need to order some plastisol.  The only brand I have used is DO it molds ES Medium.   I have looked around and I was on Lureworks web site today and they have plastisol  for like 107.50 bucks for 5 gal.   You have to buy two 2.5 gal containers it is 66 bucks at a regular price I think. 

I want to try several different plastics so I can get what works for me and I thought this was a great deal comparing it to others anyway. 

Do any of you guys use Lureworks or Spike-IT  plastic and is it good plastic compared to others ?

I also wanted to let you folks know about the price as well if you order from them.   I think that is a new price according to the web site.  

Let us pour our hearts out to catch the one we are after !!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Lureworks plastic and i have no complaints

But i would suggest buying a smaller quantity unless you do ALOT of pouring!... The hardener will separate over time and its easier to keep smaller bottles mixed (shaking).... One gallon will make more than enough baits for personal use (my first gallon lasted me a year)

I use Lureworks plastic and i have no complaints

But i would suggest buying a smaller quantity unless you do ALOT of pouring!... The hardener will separate over time and its easier to keep smaller bottles mixed (shaking).... One gallon will make more than enough baits for personal use (my first gallon lasted me a year)

^^^^^ Great Advice. Unless you're selling baits a gallon will go a long way.

Like ute said it seperates more than settles. I never had gunk in corners of bag. Just make sure u really shake it alot. I used to get it and then pour it into 5 gal. bucket and mix. But now i buy chemionics plastic since my supplier is close and i can drive to pick it up.

Archery do Chemionics sell to the public ?  Have you tried most of the plastics from different vendors and is there that much difference in it ??  I looked at there website but they don't give any prices or anything so I figure they must only wholesale maybe ? 

I tried four plastisol before I found one I liked. Lurecraft hard packed too much. Hated lurework Smelled so bad the wife wouldn't come out in the garage when I was pouring. Plus way too much bubbles. Good price. Did do-it first few pours I loved it. But the whole stuff in a box didn't work real well in humid florida. As the box got moisture in the box, which in turn made the pours very inconsistent. The I tired MF 464. No bubbles at all. Totally consistent on every pour.  Kind of a sweet smell. Does not like reheating so much. Try a few in small amounts until you find something you like. You will find things you like and dislike in all of them. Time for me to buy some more. Think I will try baitjunkie in one gallon. Just to see how I like it. If not I'll back to MF. Hope this helps.

I think they do. just give em a call. I have tried do-it ( both types). baitjunky's, m-f, spike it's and calhouns., There were ones i likes but since i dont have to pay shipping for chemionics i get it. Each plastic is different. SOME PEOPLE LIKE LIGHT BEER SOME NOT..LOL

You just have to play around till you find 1 kind u like. And then pray that they keep on selling the same stuff

I think they do. just give em a call. I have tried do-it ( both types). baitjunky's, m-f, spike it's and calhouns., There were ones i likes but since i dont have to pay shipping for chemionics i get it. Each plastic is different. SOME PEOPLE LIKE LIGHT BEER SOME NOT..LOL

You just have to play around till you find 1 kind u like. And then pray that they keep on selling the same stuff

Does the Chemionics reheat well and does and how does it settle or separate ,  and smell ok ?

I buy mine in 5 gal buckets and use longer plastic paint stirrer to mix it up real good ,then transfer it over to 1 gallon jugs. I put in a few of big lead sinkers into each jug  ,so when i shake them it gets it mixed up b4 i use .

The smell doesn't seem bad ,I have been using an organic 3m mask when i do my plastics or lead jigs.

I THINK IT HANDLES HEAT GOOD.

But with all plastics watch ur heat ,stir often ,micro at shorts burst at a time and invest in a infrared therm.

Just starting out with plastics is a learning curve. some people like other plastics better.

Wish you luck on finding which plastic you like,and i might suggest calling a few places and ask them for a sample .