pouringbaits55

Bt Shad Worm Mold Problems

Maybe someone has mentioned it, or maybe not. But when I initially heat my plastic to temp and I'm stirring it I create and trap a lot of tiny bubbles in my plastic. When this occurs my first shots are loaded with bubbles. After that my subsiquent reheats have less and less bubbles in it due to less stiring. Maybe try this to see if it helps with your "pitting" issues. Less air in, less out.

I stir with metal knives. I Plan on buying some glass stirring rods. I let the initial bubbles cook out before shooting. Some of my problem was due to bad orings in the bottom of the injector letting air draw in. Sprue extender didn't seem to help. I am shooting this mold now laying down tilted up approx. thirty degrees which moves the bubbles to the bottom of the bait where they are not easily noticeable. I have also ordered another mold that will be oriented correctly. Thanks Guys.

I have a 3.5" swimbait mold that does the same thing.  The fish don't seem to care.  I'm not running a business, so I hold quality control down to a level of "good enough".

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but if you're just pouring for yourself and a few buddies, it may be worthwhile to consider