smalljaw

Temp Setting For Rcbs Pro Melt.

I set mine higher thinking it will quit dripping. :flame: which i knew it wouldn't help .

i cleaned it out the other day and it has slowed it down.

If your promelt drips you can call rcbs and tell them you need a new pot and plunger. Make sure you tell them you need both. They won't charge anything for it and you'll be pouring drip free for quite a while. Costumer service is what makes rcbs the best pot for your money.

I think some of these replies are for the Lee pot. I didn't think RCBS had a number system, but went by temps at the dial.

I run mine at 750 for 2oz. and below with good lead. 800 when doing above that. If you are melting wheel weights, some molds you may want to run hotter to get complete pours around the keeper pin and collar.

That being said, I don't know what the real temp of the lead is. Hit it with a heat gun one time, but it would not read the shiny lead.

When did they go to wood free?

I seem to recall that they offer it as an option.  Something I read in Bass & Walleye Boats magazine before they stopped publishing it.  If you recall they used Bullets for all their heads up motor comparisons.  

I could be wrong.  I haven't kept up since BWB was cancelled.  

Edited by Bob La Londe