smalljaw

Rcbs Deal Going On Right Now.

I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone is on the fence about getting an RCBS pro-melt furnace. Right now RCBS has a rebate, $75 back if you spend $300 and Midway USA has the best deal unless you live where Amazon doesn't charge sales tax. I got mine for $326.99 plus $13.24 shipping made it $340.23 and then when I get the $75 rebate back will bring the final price to $265.23, not too shabby. Amazon has it for the same price with free shipping but then they tack on $19.62 sales tax so it is $6.38 more from them, and that may seem nit picking but for that much money it doesn't matter is it is 5 cents, I'll save it. Midway also sells blemished models for $290.41 or something like that but you lose money because you don't spend enough for the rebate and so there it is people, if you are thinking about upgrading to the RCBS, now might be a good time since it is on sale and they have a good rebate on it.

I like LEE pots, I have 3 of them now, 2 bottom pour production pots and a ladle pot. I got to use the RCBS at a friend's home and I knew I wanted one but the time wasn't right, now that my latest pot of leaking and needed to be cleaned and the plunger reseated I figured I'd look at the RCBS. Well it just happened to be on sale and with a rebate to boot, so the combination of sale plus rebate made it more than worth it. Now, if I only poured once or twice a month then I wouldn't have made that type of purchase but since I pour 3 times a week or more then it makes sense.

• Like 1

Would love one but like SJ said I only pour once every few months so it's not cost effective for me.  Right now I have enough painted heads to last me maybe 6 months and another box with enough poured heads that I could paint and tie for even longer.  Usually when I get to 100 of each size I'll pour and with 10K plus hooks I'm not going to run out anytime soon.  

Archery 1, when my first pot started to leak way back, I called Lee to find out how to fix it and when I explained the problem the first thing they asked is if I used a hammer and I said no. The guy was nice, he told me to use the screw driver and if it gets to bad I could use lapping compound after I cleaned the pot. The other thing I could do was send it in and they would replace the liner if needed or just reseat the plunger but if I hit it with a hammer they would need to replace the liner and it would cost me as it is a void on the warranty. The reason I remember that is they made sure to tell me like 4 or 5 different times that hitting the plunger with a hammer was a no-no and to hear you say that just made me think of that conversation. So if you have been doing it awhile, I'm not sure what you can expect but they told me it will damage the pot beyond fixing and I'm not sure why but you have been warned.