Tm Customs

Re-Coating Old lures??

Hey guy's I have some old bagleys lures I am concidering using, I would like to re- clearcoat them if I decide to. The lures in question are bagleys square lip killer b's, does any one know what these are worth? I don't really want to use them if there real valuble. My question is what should I use to coat them if I decide to? Because if I dont coat them the paint will chip very esaily I am sure.

Thanks

TM

My suggestion to you would be to go out on ebay and see what they have and what they are getting for them. I would not refinish any of the ones that you are considering to sell. Bagleys are underweighted. Most balsa baits are. You could use 4 coats of Devcon and the baits would still float and perform. But I will be honest with you. I think that too many people that really don't understand anything about crankbaits are parting with their money for nothing. I have seen one BBII go for $68.00 on ebay. If you ask me he would have been much better off buying 3 of Tim and Jeff's baits.

Skeeter

Skeeter I know what yor talking about I have sold BB for much more than 68.00, the baits in question are bagleys Killer B square Lips. I like the body style and action and there are really no comprable lures out there. If they are worth more than 15ea I am not going to recoat them. I just wanted to recoat the ones I was going to fish.