Doc-Drew

Big Bait Blanks

good luck......up north i dont see a market for them big boys...pike and muskie fishing maybe....but bass nope...my local stores have those big baits on the shelf and i havent seen 1 move....those strike kings are jinormis..I havent seen any painter selling them.....maybe try Alibaba might find something there   

Edited by fishon-son
  • Like 2

good luck......up north i dont see a market for them big boys

I live in Kansas, not exactly big fish territory but I watched my buddy pull an 10" white bass out of the throat of a 17" smallmouth.  You might be surprised what they eat.  But, these baits aren't for me.  They are for a buddy who lives near Toledo Bend and fishes it quite a bit.  He loves the 10XDs but isn't happy with their color selection.  

I have checked Salty's, unfortunately I am looking for a clear bait, not a wooden one.  

I live in Kansas, not exactly big fish territory but I watched my buddy pull an 10" white bass out of the throat of a 17" smallmouth.  You might be surprised what they eat.  But, these baits aren't for me.  They are for a buddy who lives near Toledo Bend and fishes it quite a bit.  He loves the 10XDs but isn't happy with their color selection.  

I have checked Salty's, unfortunately I am looking for a clear bait, not a wooden one.  

Get him to send you some of his baits and repaint them in colors of his choosing.

Ben

• Like 2

Get him to send you some of his baits and repaint them in colors of his choosing.

Ben

I would do this, except he was wanting a transparent bait. Similar to the lucky craft ghost minnow color.

Anyone have a good way to remove the paint completely without damaging the bait?

• Like 1

If you have some extra cash and motivated enough, there are plenty of manufacturers in China who will take the store bought bait you have and cast a mold and make blanks for you. That mold will be exclusive to you only.

Not for sure exclusive can ever apply to counter fitting......exclusive as in not the original molds being used by the legit company and not the same mold that will be used by  the next  guy needing knock offs waves some bills with the same company?    :lolhuh:

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

Mdojet - yes, that seems fair. After all, I did buy an original, so I should be able to use it to get my own mold cut, and get 10,000 copies made. I will only use about 50 myself, so I can sell the rest to close friends and neighbors and the whole nation. Yes, that's only fair!

This site needs a dislike button!

DAve

• Like 1

Mdojet - yes, that seems fair. After all, I did buy an original, so I should be able to use it to get my own mold cut, and get 10,000 copies made. I will only use about 50 myself, so I can sell the rest to close friends and neighbors and the whole nation. Yes, that's only fair!

This site needs a dislike button!

DAve

HaHa I think you did just fine letting it be known that you disapprove :wink: But I do agree that idea is not the best one out there.

• Like 1