Chance_Taker4

Plastic Bait Cost Breakdown Help

I use MF 464 and love the stuff. It wasn't the first plastic i tired it was the fourth. As far as a bait for freshwater or saltwater it's the best I have tried. Tough bait with real good action, But what sold me on it was it is very consistent on every pour. In a 5 gallon bucket first pour to last. No bubbles just shake it and pour. The latest kicker was I was thinking about trying BJ's, told some of  people who use my baits I was going to try a different plastic and they had a fit. Don't do it Jack your plastic is better then the store bought stuff so on and so on. Does MF cost more then some others... YES. Is it worth it... Your darn skippy it is.    

• Like 2

If you figure out the cost of plastic itself in a bait, unless you are making some really large salt water or musky baits, the cost of plastic is almost nothing whether you buy it at $500 per drum or $1200 per drum - you get what you pay for.  When we were making baits, before purchasing LureCraft, my husband would get samples from others, open the container and get a whiff of it and put the lid back on and throw it away.  The biggest cost of a bait is the labor that is put into making it, along with the packaging, excise tax etc. It does seem like a huge difference when purchasing it up front but when you figure it per bait, it is only a penny or two difference.

• Like 2

Just wanted to throw this one out there,I use lurecraft plastic and have for the last 10 years,reasons why,I have tried every plastic that is out there and I mean everything,lure craft 60/40 mix works for me as well as the salt water ,I have 5 1000 watt mics going almost everyday and they are set on high,thats it,put in the plastic and go,no stirring inbetween,lurecraft is the only plastic out of all of these that does not yellow or buble under my conditions,everyone one of the others and I do mean everyone of them bubbled and yellowed under my conditions,so it does all depend on how we use the plastic also,I just find lurecraft plastic has more or a better heat stabilizer,i can reheat many many times under these conditions

Edited by Bogbaits