hpssports

Core Shots

Depends on the mold. 

I sometimes do Mk II Curly Buzz Frogs (bottom inject) by pouring one color into the mold, then shooting another color thru it. 

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/13103-shoot-thru/

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/11078-core-frog/

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/8962-curly-tail-frog/

Edited by Bob La Londe

I do the "pour some into one half" method, too, but wishn4fishn/Brandon's baits are amazing!  I'd love to be able to make laminates like his without investing a fortune.

Mark, you can do this too. Very nice baits, indeed. Grab a single cavity mold and hand pour some plastic into your sprue hole. Whatever you want the outside color to be. Take a guess at 1/2 the plastics to fill the mold. Then inject whatever you want your core color to be just after your hand pour. Takes a bit of planning and coordination but the results are nice.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,A hand core inyection proces could work shooting the half of plastic on a single cavity, close the sprue of the cavity with a cork plug or any other kind of diy plug, give some 180 degres half turns to the mold and stop after plastic get solid like roto molding proces. This should result in a hollow bait. Now open your mold and see if you need to cut the tip near to the sprue for the second color.

• Like 1

I have a bobs mold 706 craw. 4 cavity. I cut the sprue where the top two cavities can be poured. I have each color I do this to down to a cadence and stream thickness. I pour it to what I need and shoot the rest.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-27083-0-60135000-1469499917_thumb.jpg

post-27083-0-93894200-1469500045_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAWJigs
  • Like 1

This is a core shot mold, where can I find more like it? I saw someone post an ad on Facebook for core shot grubs...the core went all the way through the tail. 

Majic and Wishn, those are some good looking baits but they are not what I would call "core shots". 

This particular mold comes with inserts and you can see the darker core inside the outer shell in the first, 3rd and 4th baits.

SB525A-05_5_INCH_CORE_SHOT_STICK__83127.

• Like 1