fishhook

Basstackle Stick Mold

I have them, 6 to be exact.  compared to BJ's new Stickem molds, no comparison I am afraid.  Then venting on BJ's is amazing.

I have to ease up on the injection on his as the molds are vented so well.  I need to cull the older ones and obtain more of BJ's Stickem.  Shooting bot brand of molds at a time throws my rhythm off in the area of pressure.

I can shoot BJ's longer as it takes them longer to get too hot while on the older ones I have to cease after 60-70 sticks, too hot and incomplete baits.

BTs are good molds, they make a stick that will catch fish but it is like comparing a Lexus with a Toyota, a caddy to a chevy.

Is there a reason, other than the smoothness of the bait, not to use the Do-It Essential senko mold?

I'm just a hobby pourer, and it injects great, and the fish love them.

I just wish they made sand cast jig and spinnerbait molds, too.

All of the lead molds are sand cast. 

• Like 1

I have 2 of the 4" stick molds from Bass Tackle. They are the most problematic molds I have. Obviously it's just me if everyone else doesn't have problems. I just can't seem to get 4 nice baits ever. Always one or more that dent or not shaped right. But as I said, it must just be me.

are these new molds you hve bought in the past year or close?

are these new molds you hve bought in the past year or close?

I bought them in the last year but they were used (from two different sellers) so I have no idea how old they are. The fact that the molds are not the same size leads me to believe they were made at significantly different times.

I have other molds that are MUCH thicker bodied baits and therefore should have more of a problem with denting and I almost can't make them screw up but those stick molds are just a pain in my anus haha! I do use the HDA instead of salt, don't know if that would make a difference or not??

(salt vs. hda) Doubt it.

maybe try lower temps? hold pressure  an make sure u top off molds. Sounds like you have an older mold from when bob was there and a newer model that kevin made. I don't personally have experiebce with newer model but i have 9  older ones anywhere from 3" to 5" and they all shoot good. Some one that used to work there told me that bt stick molds have to small of a gate . But i never had a problem.maybe open it up some?

Edited by archery1
  • Like 1