mark poulson

Split Rings

I wouldn't trust Wolf split rings for fishing tackle.  Had way too many failures with them.

I buy my split rings from Worth.  Around $20/1000.  

Thanks ill look on barlows, but im not sure they ship to Canada.  Anywhere else that sells them let me know

I wouldn't trust Wolf split rings for fishing tackle.  Had way too many failures with them.

I buy my split rings from Worth.  Around $20/1000.  

Im looking for rings in the 5mm-6mm area.  mostly for bass baits like the ones dinger has.  Also trying to find some decent oval splits but i do not understand the sizing

I have been buying mine from captain hooks warehouse.  #2's are 20 lb and bending out pretty bad on smaller fish.  Wolf Wire is the brand.  

I'm on the search for something better

I've bought several from Janns Netcraft http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Search/split%20rings.aspx and never had a problem. I use sizes 2, 3, & 5.

I have been buying mine from captain hooks warehouse.  #2's are 20 lb and bending out pretty bad on smaller fish.  Wolf Wire is the brand.  

I'm on the search for something better

I bought some 80 lb. #2's from LPO a while back. Haven't pull tested them, but the wire isn't much thicker than the 20 lb.

Ben

• Like 1

Worth split rings are very nice.  I received samples last week but cannot afford to order because the high shipping cost to canada.  For bass guys worth's oval #5s are the same as unpaintedlures has on his site.  The #2 and #3 regular Stainless Steel seem good for most my applications, consisting of lures 2-5 inches long with hook sizes 6-2

I bought some 80 lb. #2's from LPO a while back. Haven't pull tested them, but the wire isn't much thicker than the 20 lb.

Ben

Whats LPO.  I will look into it. 

And janns craft.   

I may just be ordering with one of my blank suppliers, so far barlows and worth have quoted me $44 to ship 3000 rings

Have you tried this Canadian supplier? I don't know a thing about them - other than that they are in Canada. 

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/bright_stainless_steel_split_rin.htm

Quick factoid: At least 90% of all Canadian suppliers are located in Canada.

I can look into getting some samples from them  but prices tend to be the same as what it costs me after shipping and exchange.  Typically I prefer buying direct from US and take a bit of a hit on our dollar then to buy from a Canadian company buying from the US and marking me up 50-100%.   60$ for the oval splits on luremaking