BassBull

Hooks

I would like to try a hook that I saw on a finess jig. It's  black in color, not real shiny almost a flat black. It was about a 3/0 our 4/0 size with a flat eye. It's not black nickel. Looks like the finish on the Owner5317jig hook.  Does any one have any ideas on what it could be? Could someone post a picture to  show the diff. between a black ,platinum black finnish and black pearl finish.   Thanks a head of time. Steve

You sure it isn't an Owner 5326 cross eye hook? It may also be a VMC 7218, those are black like the Owner hook and I understand what you mean. You're looking for a matte black finish, and Owner has 2 flat ete hooks, the 5326 which only comes in a 4/0 and is made with standard wire but it has some shine to it, and the 5383 which only comes in a 3/0 but that is a heavy wire hook but is a matte finish. I'm betting that if it is a custom jig it is a VMC, those hooks are really good and they don't get a lot of mention but I like the VMC jig hooks and I use their spinnerbait hooks exclusively.