Skimpy

Making Arkie Jigs Then Fishing With Them

Lol thanks for watching. Yeah I'm very fortunate to know somebody who has a couple ponds in his back yard. They might be small "10-15 acre ponds" but they have some pigs in them.

Hard to tell, but it's actually 2 different ponds we were fishing. They are right next to each other and only have to drag the boat a very short distance !!

I've made them in straight hooks and that 60* wide gap. I get a way better hook up ratio with the 60* so I started making all of my arkies with the 60*. Now with a football or a brush jig I hardly use the 60*.

Great video and as far as the hook goes, that is why we pour our own, to please only ourself

And have a bait our way

Exactly !!! Thanks for watching

Great vid, as always. Awesome fishing!

Dave

Thanks Vodkaman !!!

skimp, looks like ur buddy works the net good...lol great video i use the same color pattern works great here in michigan

I guess I was having a good day lol. That black and blue combo is a great color. I always have that combo in my box.

• Like 1

Question I make football head jigs all the time basically all the same process. when you pull out of the mold, what are you using to cut the excess lead off and keep the jig head smooth? I've been using some big size wire cutters but, i continue to have a little lead nipple and i want to try to get it smooth and rounded out. Any suggestions or advice? thanks! and nice jigs! and sweet video! 

You need a good pair of gate shears.  You can get a cheaper pair in the Wal Mart craft section but they wear out quickly and they don't hold an edge on the blades very well so you won't get a perfectly smooth cut.  Bass Pro or Cabelas has a better brand.  The ones I get have orange handles and they last a long time.  I forget what brand they are, I support the local tackle shop when I need a pair and give him my $15 about once a year for new ones.

Edited by EironBreaker