tablerocktackle

Clear Skirt And Rattle Bands

Exactly what smalljaw said. You can get clear bands from a surgical store (Clear surgical tubing). I have seen it somewhere on the web, however you will have to buy it buy the foot( maybe 50 feet) and you will have to cut it to the length you want. Also I have found that you have to watch what diameter you buy and there are different durometers. There will be a lot of trial and error on your part and could get expensive buying samples. Why clear? In all reality the fish don't really care. JMO.

They are advertised on several sights  but primarily the clear rattle bands. Waiting on a vendor now who received the skirt band in clear but not the rattle band. Just trying to buy both from the same vendor to reduce shipping costs.

I am aware the fish don't care but I do? Been using the clear and recently hard to find... I fine these much more durable and not subject to rot and complaint as the regular rubber.

Thanks, Michael   www.jigs4bass.com

Their rattle bands are the only ones I use or make for people.  The ears are tougher than the black ones I've tried from different sources.  Nothing is foolproof but those are the ones I like.  But as far as bands, I only use black bands from Kayser Lure Co.  Most consistently sized and aren't prone to rot or break.  They are very tight also.  The other color bands seem to release in time, then they break.

I learned something new too!!! I remember about 5 or 6 years ago someone was looking for clear bands and I couldn't find any. I actually got interested in knowing if there are any made at all and that is when I got in touch with Skirts Plus and asked them. I was told back then that there was clear ones being used by several places but they weren't actually skirt collars, they were something else but they didn't know what it was. I never knew the ones sold at living rubber even exisited and I didn't know living rubber started selling all the other accessories, I see they have jig tying wire and thread, a little high in price but not bad for a one stop shop to eliminate multiple shipping cost. Thanks again for this, I book marked it in case I need something.

• Like 1