mark poulson

Spinnerbait With Chatter Blade

Someone on Western Bass posted his PB bass, a 16+, and the bait he used.

It was a prototype red spinnerbait with a chatter blade.

I made one, and it works, although it seems to collect grass more than a plain spinnerbait.

It keeps the bait up at low speeds, so I can see it working for a slower presentation over grass, or next to grass on either side.

Has anyone here tried it yet?

Do you mean a regular safety pin spinnerbait that has a chatter blade attached to the "R" bend or closed loop? There is a place called KaRu lures and they make a bait called a "Vibraspin" that is a spinnerbait made with a chatter blade, check it out and see if that is what you are referring to.

Someone on Western Bass posted his PB bass, a 16+, and the bait he used.

It was a prototype red spinnerbait with a chatter blade.

I made one, and it works, although it seems to collect grass more than a plain spinnerbait.

It keeps the bait up at low speeds, so I can see it working for a slower presentation over grass, or next to grass on either side.

Has anyone here tried it yet?

Post up a picture Mark.

• Like 1

Now that you want it, I can't find it.  Surprise!

I think it was on Jay Kumar's BassBlaster, but I'm not sure.

The chatter blade is held loosely in the R bend by what looks like a wire from the 90 degree blade bend back to behind the chatter a little going to the spinnerbait head.  Just enough to let it move around but not slide down either leg of the wire.

I just made another one, so I'll go down and take a pic., and post it in the Wire Baits Gallery.

Here's the link to the first picture.  The next two are different views.  I hope you can see the wire tie.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/15630-spchatter3/

Edited by mark poulson

Do you mean a regular safety pin spinnerbait that has a chatter blade attached to the "R" bend or closed loop? There is a place called KaRu lures and they make a bait called a "Vibraspin" that is a spinnerbait made with a chatter blade, check it out and see if that is what you are referring to.

Smalljaw,

The lure I saw was an R bend with what looked like a wire from upper to lower arm to keep the chatter blade from sliding down the wire.

I fished the first one I made yesterday, and the blade stayed up and vibrated every cast, except when I threw it where it wasn't supposed to go.

• Like 1

Here is another version of a  chatter style spinner bait. My son-in-law gave me the bottom one in the picture. He didn't know who made it. The top one is my version of it and was not hard to make. I will say that it is a pretty good bait with lots of vibration and flash. I caught several bass on it this past summer and fall.

John

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

0329162300.jpg

post-14659-0-05791800-1459426080_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

JBlaze, why not just make a cross-eyed jig/split ring/chatter blade combo and then attached the spinnerbait wire above that?  Think that would mess up the balance by not having the chatter blade in the middle more?

I really don't know if it would or not. Your idea would probably work  well. This is not my idea but something that someone else made, I used it and it worked great, so I made a couple for my self. It is just a different version of a chatter/spin combination. I like it and thought maybe someone else would too.

John

• Like 1