Apdriver

Mold Work

Hey Guys lol. The Hubbey and I are gifted designers and cad modelers, any idea or thought we generally, can make it happen. I handed him my I phone and he mentioned that he touched a certain spot, and things went haywire. After this, the topic disappeared. Our thoughts were oops "I clicked the wrong thing" Lol then he asked isn't there a back button or redo button? If permitted we would enjoy doing a design topic with a bait design where the TU community could toss out ideas, call it a think tank session or (Semi Custom design) Everyone could give design inputs. In all fairness the fellow designers, mold makers could benefit from this also. However we don't want to take away from other thought provoking ideas, topics, or questions either from members here. There's no telling what we could come up with.

• Like 1

The post was removed because self-promotion is not allowed on the site.  I know it was borderline, but started crossing that border just a bit too much.  In the future, I would recommend posting threads like that in either the Classifieds or Gallery section (if pics are included in the post.)

Thanks for understanding, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or Curt Snow  :)

Everyone have a GREAT week!

• Like 2

Alsworms - I for one appreciate the moderation work that you do. Definitely on the ball.

Mark - Yes, the subject doesn't seem to fit anywhere and needs its own forum. BUT, first we have to prove that there is enough interest and material to justify a forum.

In the mean time, I think it is important to keep the design threads all in one place. As there are likely to be soft-bait and wire-bait related threads, if we settle on the hard-bait forum, I think it could get confusing. I reluctantly propose the hybrid tackle forum.

Dave

Gentlemen thank you for the consideration and input. We for one are to old for confusion. We have watched the forum community grow and evolve into a revolutionary industrial go to site for tackle making ideas., our hats are off to you guys, each and everyone of you. That being said we do live in a modern society with laws and rules of the land that must be followed to keep this peace. The Mods here do a wonderful peaceful job of keeping this.

Best Regards to All

Alley

I'm for a fully armed revolt against the machine, or else red wine for everbody.  Whichever's easier.

Now THAT'S funny, and the revolt would be much easier than the wine......I can assure you of that. 

Thanks all for the kind words.  Unfortunately, we cannot please everyone, but we try.  I think there should be a mold makers section and perhaps we can work on that. 

• Like 2

As a mold maker myself I have mixed feelings about it. Making molds for lead, soft plastics, and resins (hard baits) each have their own nuances.  I do believe that mold making discussions for each of those areas belongs in the relevant sections that already exist.  If I want to learn how to make a mold for shooting a soft plastic craw I am going to expect to find information on it in the soft baits section.  

I also believe that self promoting advertising threads.  "Look at what we can do.  We want to sell these."  belongs in the classifieds if not excessively abused, or in the advertisers section (to showcase a new product or new service as defined for the section) if the poster is a paid advertiser here.  "Look what we can do," posts and pictures belong in the gallery.  

I know I sometimes push that line myself, and for any who may take offense I apologize.  I try to stay just barely on the side of not blatantly self promoting, and try to make posts that are either my honest opinion about a topic or that are helpful.  I personally felt the previous post was just self promotion, and was a little disappointed that it stayed up as long as it did.  

I like the way it is. By having these rules it has made this forum what it is. It is the best resource for bait making of all kinds. Starting a post with self promotion and saying it in a statement is two different things and I truly believe most of us do too. I will help all who ask for it but don't want to wade through a bunch of adds and look what I did posts. This is not just about cad and mold making posts but any thing that does not belong. We have a great site with many different forums so why not use the correct one. Great job moderators keep up the good work!!!

By the way do you really want to share your ideas with everyone that can read. Some have said more than once that there ideas were posted hear first then taken and put into use from the bigger guys. Help is one thing but sharing ideas on an open forum is another. Think about that.

• Like 2