nedyarb

Youtube Video Showing How I Make My Balsa Lures From Start To Finish

This is for anyone out there using superglue or cyanoacrylate glues. Be sure to use a booth or exhaust fan. This stuff heats up and fumes when used in any quantity at all. Maybe you have seen someone fume for fingerprints on TV. The fumes combine with organic fluids in the print and turn them into a hard crystal. Now imagine that process happening in your lungs. I dosed myself pretty good once. It is not pretty.

I really appreciate you sharing your techniques. I have to say, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable if I didn't use through wires on my balsa cranks. The reason is, I catch some large Northern's and they can be very hard on crank baits. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to never have to mess with through wires again but I would just be nervous if I didn't use them.

Ok guys I want to clear something up..........the big companys don't just screw a tailwire into soft wood.... there is a pilot hole drilled and filled with an epoxie paste........that soaks into the wood grain giving it a lot more strength than you can ever imagine........ I have never had a wire to pull out......