TerryF2858

Pro Kote Wrapping Finish.

i just started using the pro kote, i mixed exactly 3cc each stirred it for 3min, plus a little, then coated the wraps and threadwork, after 6 hrs its still tacky, how ling til it can come off the turner, and how long does it take to dry? i may need a second coat as i see i missed 2 small places. so if i mix 2cc of resin, and 3 or 4 cc of hardner will it cure fasted like the epoxy i use on cranks? i would like to get the second coat on and off the dryer by thurs so i can get rod 2 on and done by the weekend

Any help would be great

thank you

T

Alway mix the two equally in order for the mix to dry right and cure hate like it should. If you mix the ProKote mesurement wrong just a bit and not equal your mix you will most likely get a tacky finish and that goes for all the brands of finish. Alway's work in a room with a temp of 72 or above and let the Rod turn for at least 4 hours before even attempting to remove the Rod. After about 4 hours you should be able to put on that second coat of epoxy but first just make sure the the first coat is hard and not soft but just a bit soft should ok.

A good wood finish like MinWax varnish always works good in place of epoxy as that is what was used in grand dads days and there is no mixing at all to do.

If you did everything right, it will cure hard eventually. If it doesn't, you got a bad batch of epoxy. Don't think adding extra hardener will help - it won't. Epoxy hardens by a chemical reaction. If you use too much of either component, it will not harden properly and will remain soft because some of the hardener or resin will never undergo the chemical reaction.