smalljaw

Which Drop Shot Sinker Mold?

Hey guys help me out, I'm going to drop shot more this year and that means I'll need weights. So for all you tackle makers who are pouring their own, which mold do you use? I really was set on getting the finesse style until they came out with the tear drop and that looks like a good one to me. I hate paying for drop shot weights so I tend to use the cheap bass casting sinkers and then tie to a light leader in case I get hung up, but I believe it is time to enter the modern era of drop shot fishing and use the right weights. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would get the walking sinker mold and use a drill bit to make room for a swivel where the eye of the sinker is.One end of the swivel is free while the other end is molded into the sinker. This sinker style was made to slide over rock,weeds and through all kinds of bottom junk. I made this mod. to the mold and will never look back !!!! Plus the swivel really cuts down on the line twist. I hope this helps.STEVE

I have the finnese mold but really want to get the teardrop mold. I've been waiting to see if they will make the mold with same size cavities instead of 10 different sizes in one mold. I honestly only use maybe 3 different sizes. 1/4oz being the one I steam to go to the most

I have the finnese mold but really want to get the teardrop mold. I've been waiting to see if they will make the mold with same size cavities instead of 10 different sizes in one mold. I honestly only use maybe 3 different sizes. 1/4oz being the one I seem to go to the most

The tear drop is my favorite but since I do not lose a lot of DS sinkers I just bought some instead of the mold. If you want to try the ball I will let you borrow my mold. Poured about 100 sinkers when I first bought it and now it just sits in the garage.

Allen

I bought the round one first and it did well for me so I use it for larger weight, 1/4 oz and up, for me it's easy to identify at a glance. The finesse came second but I got real tired of doing one at a time, and the mold just got hotter and hotter to where I had to put it down, then I got 3/16 finesse and for me that was a homerun

I got my primary size and could pour multiple ones, now I couldn't pour all the cavities t once but I could do 4 at a time an could pour 100 in no time, I also have the 1/8 as I do pour for very few people and I do mean few and that was these guys favorite size, again I can bang them out fast and easy. I want the new mold but what holds me back is simple, they only offer it in multiple size cavity and I went through that already,

Find out what size you pour most, for me it was 3/16 and go fr the finesse in that size, being able to crank out 100 before the mold gets way to hot is better or me than literally doing one at a time, if they ver offer single size mold for the teardrop I will go that rout, but as my buddy told me, my weights look professional and clean and do the job well in the finesse,

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. For me it was between the finesse and the tear drop style and in the end the teardrop style won out. There are a couple of reasons, the main reason is the 5/16oz size, that is tough to find and it is just a little more than 1/4oz without it being 3/8oz and that was big for windy days as I find that works with the depths I fish. 1/8oz, 3/16oz, 1/4oz, and 5/16oz are the ones I'll use the most. It is very effective but I didn't do very much of it even though I have had success with it, and being I have lead and a melting pot it is a no-brainer that I just get a mold and make them. So thank you for the help, it was appreciated.