psilvers

Scrounger Alternative

Bladesandbaits - Thanks!

When I initially developed this, several years ago, I didn't know about the Scrounger. Since then, I have tied these and I have tied Scrounger jigs. These do run differently than the Scroungers. The Scrounger may be better suited for soft plastics, this was developed for bucktails.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete, do you have a picture of it? Is there a blade on it or is it just a head? The action looks great but it is hard to see the jig itself. I was thinking of doing something similar with a material called "microlon" but I just never got around to getting the stuff.

Robin510 - Sorry, we are not selling any, at least right now!

Smalljaw - Sorry, I am not going to post a picture of the head because we are thinking of patenting the head design. It is pretty different from the Scrounger but we don't use a blade. I did try the Scrounger head but the Scrounger head does not have the same action - it just has a wobble. On this head I can make modifications depending upon whether you want a rapid or slow retrieve. When it is retrieved slowly you can see the hair/feathers "breathe".

I will keep you posted.

Pete