JRammit

Jon Boat Makeover

Took a break from lure making to fix a leak in my boat... Ended up re-doing the whole thing

Its a 12/32 made by Sears in 1979... My uncle bought it from a scrap yard and gave it to me 5 years ago... Small boat, not very stable (Unc actually fell out of it once

QuickMemo+_2016-04-18-14-17-47-1.png

post-46331-0-64631600-1461007720_thumb.png

Edited by JRammit
  • Like 1

Thanks Bob

Its about perfect for the waters i fish... 20-40 acre "lakes".. All public, moderate pressure (rarely see more than 3 or 4 other boats there).......... But some day id like a real boat for the real lakes... Im sure im missing out on some big bass!

6 hours ago, Musky Glenn said:

We all do what we have to do, but there is also the point of missing  some of the fun of fishing by trying to stay comfortable in a "wiggly" boat. Be safe

Thats the truth!

My back and legs kill me after a long day of "balancing"... I can tell I'm not getting younger!

But the time is coming to retire this old aluminum bucket!.... Just this month I took a big step for the future... I landed the best job I've ever had!... Top of the truck driving ladder!

The first year will be a little rough, but by 2018 I'll be looking at Bass Trackers!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaleSW said:

JR, I have one about that size and it great to go where other boats can't get. I use it to float shallow water river. Example the James River west of the fall line. Some nice fish has been caught from that boat.

Fish On Bro!!

Tight lines,

Dale

I hear ya!... I haven't found a place yet that my boat won't go!!!

Ive even been known to drag it into secluded creeks and ponds.. Through the woods down little game trails, across pastures, over and under fences........ That's probably where all the leaks came from in the first place