patrick reif

Chatterbait Blades?

I have a buddy that had a die built for the coffin style blades he UT some on ebay and zman told him to take it off or they would take him to court! !

He can make the blades and use them on lures that he makes for himself.  But, to sell those blades is a violation of Z-Man's patent.

That makes sense Bob.  Thanks.

One of the more successful jig makers/sellers around here, TNT Jigs, uses a blade that's coated with a thick paint (I don't know what it is) on both sides for their Claymore vibrating jigs, so they are heavier.  They work really well on the Delta, fished deeper (10'+-) on the outside of weed lines. 

He also uses two heavy duty split rings for attachment, so there is a really free-moving attachment that lets the blade move easily at slow speeds.

I fish them like a jig, dragged on the bottom in dirtier water, because I think the clatter of the additional hardware, plus the lower frequency (deeper) vibration of the heavier blades, helps fish find them in that dirty water, or in low light conditions.

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 2

Hey Munkin! There are a few names I recognize on this page.

You bought a lot of stuff from me back when I had a lot of lead products.

As I recall you took a liking to my hidden head spinnerbaits.

Good to see you are still building!

Zman put an end to everyone selling those "coffin" as he has the patent on a six-sided blade.