TonyMurray

Do-It Essential Series Plastisol

The essential series plastic is made for the like molds for those molds you'll get a dull finish with any plastisol you put in them . Therefore the essential series plastisol dose not have to give a sheen . 

Now this is only speculation on my part as far as the plastisol . But I have tested there plastisol off and on since before it belonged to Do-It . None of it has made a positive impression on me .

The essential series plastisol works just fine for me and isn't dull when shot it a cnc mold. It is not made for just the essential series molds that turn out dull because they are sand cast. It is possible that you will get a dull finish if you don't heat it to 350 degrees so the plastic doesn't make a complete change over. Also you will get a yellow tint if you heat it 2 fast or over heat it.

I liked it at first but it does have some.negative qualities. One is that the baits get extremely oily after a while in the bags. It also (the last 2 batches I purchased before switching brands) has a TON of micro bubbles that are almost impossible to get out unless you wait forever which just isn't reasonable. I mean it looked like you poured a warm diet coke into my Pyrex. I was less than impressed and switched brands and have been pretty happy since.

7 hours ago, FATFLATTIE said:

I liked it at first but it does have some.negative qualities. One is that the baits get extremely oily after a while in the bags. It also (the last 2 batches I purchased before switching brands) has a TON of micro bubbles that are almost impossible to get out unless you wait forever which just isn't reasonable. I mean it looked like you poured a warm diet coke into my Pyrex. I was less than impressed and switched brands and have been pretty happy since.

Did the bubbles make the baits more buoyant?

I would have to assume so Mark. I just didn't like the look of all the bubbles in the baits and it made the tails and small appendages of some baits almost all air. It was extremely frustrating. The new stuff I've been using has a decent amount of bubbles too but they get home pretty darn quickly once you start stirring.

• Like 1

I bought digital thermometer watched my temp close and still had some yellowing with the essential plastisol . Along with lots of bubbles but the yellowing was the biggest problem for me as i do a lot of lite color baits for crappie i tried stabilizer and all the tricks of the trade , it was not as bad as the clear i had  but close . I don't know if they are not mixing their drums before  putting it in smaller containers or just bad plastisol I had a gallon that was good had no problems then i ordered the 2 1/2 gallon next and it would yellow so i am using it up on black baits or green pumpkin . And i do mix my plastisol good before i use it. most of the time too much. I have used 6 Gallon of another brand  with no problems, Cub48  

• Like 1

All plastic separates, what makes the difference is how easy it mixes back to a usable state. When it is in a container that is easy to mix odds are you will always get a consistent product. The bag is a great way to ship plastic but a poor way to store it. Transferring it to a pail or jug makes sense. Especially if you don't go through it real fast. 

• Like 1