Les Young

Favorite Injector

I skipped this whole thread.  Sorry.  I've used a number of injectors and for overall ease of use and fit and finish I like the Bass tackle injectors best.  I have shot them down to the plug many times doing laminates and anytime I am using a molds small enough I cycle through the two I have back and forth for single colors.  I've got a Jacob's injector and its well enough made, but I tend to only use it for some of those early molds I made for my own use before I standardized on the 5/8 injection sprue like everybody else.  I've also played with a DelMart injector and one other (I forget who) with the tips that are just friction fit.  I also have a Bear's shooting star injector.  I started with a meat injector, and I have even used a Janns plastic injector.  

I like the BTs the best.  I even like the BT injectors better than those I have made for myself.  In fact the only reason I made some of my own was because I made a mold for a customer that would not fill with anything BT had at the time.  I made three 9.9oz injectors and sent the customer the one I thought was the best keeping the other two for myself.  Now that BT has a 10oz injector in their line up I just tell customers to buy their's.  I may start doing injectors, but I want to perfect a system for making interchangeable parts first.  I'll start working on that towards the end of the year if my new lathe ever arrives.  I'll probably still direct people to BT injectors for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 2

a guy gets scolded for posting a picture, but stuff like this slides by all the time, just saying. whats good for one should be good for all..

"I may start doing injectors, but I want to perfect a system for making interchangeable parts first."

Oh btw, I recommend the Jacobs injector..

a guy gets scolded for posting a picture, but stuff like this slides by all the time, just saying. whats good for one should be good for all..

"I may start doing injectors, but I want to perfect a system for making interchangeable parts first."

Oh btw, I recommend the Jacobs injector..

I never recommended the Jacob's Injector in this thread, although it is a perfectly good injector.  I recommended the Bass Tackle injectors as the best IMO that I have used  included with reference to experience with several others.  I even said better than those I have made in the past.  I did not start a thread or make a post with the sole purpose of spamming my services on the group.  The only place I do that is in the advertisers forum.  You seem to want to pick nits and refuse to see the difference between a SPAMMER and a contributing member of the group.  Now we know that you see no difference or more likely would like to convince others to see no difference between a spammer leaching off the group and somebody who actually tries to help.  I wouldn't presume to understand why you take that position, but I suspect there is a cause.

Lots of members here have mentioned their services in context.  In this case its not even a service I offer. I did offer what I and others obviously believe is a modestly informed opinion about injectors that are commonly available. 

RayburnGuy, I've actually been informed that my status as an advertiser does not give me any special privileges regarding posting in the regular forums.  If I started, "Buy my stuff," threads they would get locked just like anybody else's.  If I did it repeatedly I am sure I would get banned.  They only thing it really entitles me to is starting special and announcement threads in the advertisers forum.  For history though.  I didn't even put CNC Molds N Stuff in my signature line until I became a paid advertiser here. 

Edited by Bob La Londe
  • Like 2

Oh I realize that Bob, but your sponsorship coupled with the length of time you've been a member along with the number of responses you've given trying to help people with questions speaks to your dedication to the site.

just my :twocents: ,

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy
  • Like 1

I know this issue is always at the front of Bob's mind. He has masses of knowledge and information to share, and often lets his business interests stop the flow, for fear of reactions like this. Unfortunately, this is likely to slow down the valuable input from Bob and we will all lose out.

I suggest that if you think there is an issue, hit the report button and leave it up to the site moderators, that is what the button and the moderators are for, and that is what I do. Voicing opinions in the forums just causes bad feelings.

Dave

• Like 1

I know this issue is always at the front of Bob's mind. He has masses of knowledge and information to share, and often lets his business interests stop the flow, for fear of reactions like this. Unfortunately, this is likely to slow down the valuable input from Bob and we will all lose out.

I suggest that if you think there is an issue, hit the report button and leave it up to the site moderators, that is what the button and the moderators are for, and that is what I do. Voicing opinions in the forums just causes bad feelings.

Dave

Just because he knows what he's talking about is no reason to actually take his advice!  Hahaha

I have both with (BT) and without (Bears) the pin. Whether or not you use the locking pins depends on how you are heating plastic. If you are pulling from a mic-heated pyro, the pin is a must because if you are pushing out the left-over plastic back into the cup, you can't push against anything -- without the pin, you can cause a mess.

But, if you are drawing from a presto pot, you can push against the edge to empty the plunger. I only use the BT ones when I am shooting samples. For production with presto pots, Bears gets the nod all of the time. I have had two of the larges for 4 years with 2 extra tips. I only have to change the o-rings from time to time. Punching out the tip and replacing it quickly increases production.

I have gotten burned a couple of times, but it has always been due to carelessness while stirring hot plastic. Wear Gloves and long sleeve shirt. Respect the plastic.

Stephen

I have both with (BT) and without (Bears) the pin. Whether or not you use the locking pins depends on how you are heating plastic. If you are pulling from a mic-heated pyro, the pin is a must because if you are pushing out the left-over plastic back into the cup, you can't push against anything -- without the pin, you can cause a mess.

But, if you are drawing from a presto pot, you can push against the edge to empty the plunger. I only use the BT ones when I am shooting samples. For production with presto pots, Bears gets the nod all of the time. I have had two of the larges for 4 years with 2 extra tips. I only have to change the o-rings from time to time. Punching out the tip and replacing it quickly increases production.

I have gotten burned a couple of times, but it has always been due to carelessness while stirring hot plastic. Wear Gloves and long sleeve shirt. Respect the plastic.

Stephen

That is fine if you prefer one without a pin but if the pins slowing you down then don't lock it. They sell extra tips for other brands too. Here is a question for you have you ever had the tip come off while you move from one mold to another? Without a locking tip it could come off at that time and make a real mess. There was a video on you tube that shows that happening. They laughed about it but it was real dangerous.

I have never had the tip come out going from mold to mold nor have I ever had the tip come out into the bowl of plastic. It is really simple, hold the tip with one hand and inject with the other. Yes it is hot so you can't do it without gloves on but why the $#!@ would you be doing this with no gloves on anyway?

I also have a screw on tipped injector..hate it..I prefer the injectors without the locking pin.. thats me.. not all do and  thats fine.. but what i have seen on this site is alot of bashing he said he did  stuff and it really makes a mess outta things,One person likes light beer 1 person don't . That your opinion. Use whatever u like and feel comfortable with. Every one have fun making baits for yourself an others an be safe!!!!. Why all the pissin matches?

I no Some people are passionate on what they do, make, sell or use .

My opinion on the bt injectors i didnt like was the walls were sooo thick..  Thats me ,not everyone will agree  an thats ok.

Opinions are awesome, But not always the best endorsed on the internet, You rarely will catch me with a pair of gloves on, But I don't go spread the word there not needed. Just saying. We all tend to forget sometimes who might read this stuff. Could be a 11 or 12 yr old kid, that found some bait making stuff his granddad had hiding in the garage . 

• Like 2

while on the topic of injectors, I too am purchasing my first injector. What would you recommend for capacity 3oz. 6oz. or 10oz.? i will be starting with an enforcer baits 4 inch  worm mold and a Basstackle 4 inch jerk bait mold

You can never go wrong with a 6 oz injector. Give you enough to do several molds if you choose.

• Like 2

I skipped this whole thread. Sorry. I've used a number of injectors and for overall ease of use and fit and finish I like the Bass tackle injectors best. I have shot them down to the plug many times doing laminates and anytime I am using a molds small enough I cycle through the two I have back and forth for single colors. I've got a Jacob's injector and its well enough made, but I tend to only use it for some of those early molds I made for my own use before I standardized on the 5/8 injection sprue like everybody else. I've also played with a DelMart injector and one other (I forget who) with the tips that are just friction fit. I also have a Bear's shooting star injector. I started with a meat injector, and I have even used a Janns plastic injector.

I like the BTs the best. I even like the BT injectors better than those I have made for myself. In fact the only reason I made some of my own was because I made a mold for a customer that would not fill with anything BT had at the time. I made three 9.9oz injectors and sent the customer the one I thought was the best keeping the other two for myself. Now that BT has a 10oz injector in their line up I just tell customers to buy their's. I may start doing injectors, but I want to perfect a system for making interchangeable parts first. I'll start working on that towards the end of the year if my new lathe ever arrives. I'll probably still direct people to BT injectors for the foreseeable future.

I believe I may have that injector you made!