tompowers535

Best Softbait For Bass

Hi, I am very new at pouring my own baits - see how many posts I have made. I made some of my own POP molds as well as bought Essential molds and Enforcer molds. I have "stick type" worms, frogs, and ribbontails. I was looking to add another type of bait to my list. I appreciate any advise you may give me. I am located in MA if that helps at all.

I would suggest some type of creature bait. I really like the Do-it Baby Berry ...or Berry Bug if you like them a little larger.

You can flip it, Texas rig it, use it as a slop bait or on a jig. Rig it straight up and down and use it as a swim bait!

How about Bear's Baits 4" Real Craw Worm ? I like that you can pour the claws separately in a different color. Does anyone have experience with that one ?

I have tried "realistic craws" before and just didn't have the success with them as I have enjoyed with the 702. That said, it wasn't Bears real craw. There's something in the action of those flapping claws that the bass can't resist. With the real craws, you just don't get the action.

Tom, you'll enjoy a lot of success with it. I like fishing it on a 1/4 ounce screw lock football head. Also use it as a trailer for silicone jigs. Texas rigged is another good way. I have two claw molds for it so if you need some claws to try, I'd be glad to help out.

If you are still looking for a must have bait, by far the Senko is at the top of my list. When I can't even catch them on even a spinnerbait or jig I can trust a Senko for those finicky fish. I don't know who makes a good Senko mold though.

• Like 1

If you are still looking for a must have bait, by far the Senko is at the top of my list. When I can't even catch them on even a spinnerbait or jig I can trust a Senko for those finicky fish. I don't know who makes a good Senko mold though.

The Do-It Essential 5" senko mold is cheap, and they catch fish.

• Like 1

The Essential 3" curly tail grub makes an awesome spinnerbait trailer.  It moves a ton of water, and is just the right length to have the tail begin right at the end of the spinnerbait hook, so you don't need a trailer hook.  That let's you throw it up in some really gnarly stuff without hanging up, and it comes through grass well, too.