Saugerman

Help With The Color Root Beer

Color wheel.

Red and yellow primary colors will get you to the orange color. Use black to get the shade, even some white to adjust.

Google the color wheel, take a look at the primary colors, what secondary they make when mied. Really only need the primary colors and the black and white and you are pretty much complete to make what you want and call it what you want.

• Like 2

These are the 3 wheels I use to get me in the right direction for opaque colors.....and when all else fails give a shout out to ALSworms ;)

8730089_orig.jpg color-wheel.jpg color-wheel1.gif

How exactly does the color wheel work? I have spike it junebug 156 I think it is , but when trying to match zooms junebug in a brush hog it just doesn't work out. Thanks Edited by Les Young

In your case....find the (spike it junebug 156) on the wheel...then find the desired color your looking for on the wheel.....now you are going to add the primary color needed to pull your (spike it junebug 156) towards your desired color, then add white or black if needed to adjust the shade of your color.

Color wheel works with colors inside spectral range of color space,unfortunately much color is outside the color range..much like converting CMYK color space used in printing to rgb color of monitors many colors do not exist in each others space..another example would be trying to get metallic gold from yellow primary,its not going to happen...but modern chemists can control chemical composition to make desired colors! Many believe we may eventually see advanced computer aided coloring on the engine red chemical level..