walleye warrior

Hook Alternative

Most, not all but most 60 degree hooks will interchange. What mold do you have? Knowing that will make it easier to find a hook alternative than trying to go off the hook alone. Right now without knowing what mold I'd say the Mustad 32786 if you want to stay with that brand or the Eagle Claw 786BP, both of those should work but easier if we knew the mold.

Most, not all but most 60 degree hooks will interchange. What mold do you have? Knowing that will make it easier to find a hook alternative than trying to go off the hook alone. Right now without knowing what mold I'd say the Mustad 32786 if you want to stay with that brand or the Eagle Claw 786BP, both of those should work but easier if we knew the mold.

its a Shawn Collins mold, Chubie jig. The slots for the hook eye are very large. I think no matter what I do I will be modifying it some. The bait collar is also alot larger than I need as well. Looks like some JB weld and a dremal in my future.

Thank you for the suggestions

its a Shawn Collins mold, Chubie jig. The slots for the hook eye are very large. I think no matter what I do I will be modifying it some. The bait collar is also alot larger than I need as well. Looks like some JB weld and a dremal in my future.

Thank you for the suggestions

Check with Barlows to see what they have? I know Collins molds have less tolerance than a Do-It. Maybe Barlows could send you some sample hooks? I buy all my hooks from them just because of their hook sizing chart as I feel they have helped me. Like you I am a DIY guy but I would not take a dremel to a Collins mold. If the hooks you want do not fit call up Shawn and ask him if he can modify it.

Allen

Collins makes a great mold but they are very precise and I doubt you would be able to use too many other hooks. I think your best bet would be the 32786 because it is probably the closest diameter to the 34184 hook meant for it. I would also agree that it looks like a Dremel may be in your future but you never know, try the 32786 and see if it is close enough.